cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dawg87
Asteroid

S7 losing signal

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am under T-Mobile and every now and then I'll lose Internet signal but I will still have all bars. I know I have LTE in the area and after I restart the device, LTE will come back and stay for awhile longer and the process will repeat.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: S7 losing signal

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wonderful. Out of curiosity, have you talked to your carrier about this? Often times internet signals and network bars are fully in their control. Might at least be worth checking to see if your area has had any outages recently.

Can you also run through the following basic troubleshooting steps and see if any of these help?

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/How-to-Basic-troubleshooting-guide/td-p/35869

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

45 REPLIES 45
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello and welcome to the Samsung Community. We're glad you're here.
To better allow us and the community to assist you both now and in the future can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be like the exact model number and Baseband (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier, when you started noticing this happen, and what you've already tried to fix it. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Dawg87
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Baseband number - G930TUVU4APIA
Model number- SM-G930T
Carrier - T-Mobile

This has been happening for about a week and when it happens I'll restart the device. The only thing I've done to try to rid the problem is reset the network settings. When this didn't work, the only thing I had left to do was contact the community for help

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wonderful. Out of curiosity, have you talked to your carrier about this? Often times internet signals and network bars are fully in their control. Might at least be worth checking to see if your area has had any outages recently.

Can you also run through the following basic troubleshooting steps and see if any of these help?

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/How-to-Basic-troubleshooting-guide/td-p/35869

MagneticZero
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a Samsung issue. Happens with the Note7 and S7 because I have 4 of each device and it is a constant problem and it is a firmware and network swithing issue. HTC nor my Iphones do this. 

MagneticZero
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I also wanted to add this. It is aissue with GSM phones on the tmobile network and my verizon samsung phones dont have this issue
Highlighted
Teresama67
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am on Tmobile and both my note 7 had that problem ...I have edge now and so far I haven't noticed it but I haven't had this long ...my replacement note had that problem daily I lost signal but I thought it was Tmobile and it would still say LTE when signal loss or it would sometimes say not on registered network randomly 

MagneticZero
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still on going.. Samsung supporter for many years and still no solution yet.

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I have S7 on T-Mobile and I have not seen any data disconnection (I mean I do not get "No Internet, please retry" errors on pages loading). Sometime I see 3-4 bars but internet conection is very slow. in these occasions I know my internet connection can not be good because I am on a train. So what gives is that the S7 signal  strength bar is inaccurate. With my S4 I had a much more accurate signal strength meter than with S7. 

Here I see 4 bars on my phone when my connection is -109db. ( That is pretty low). 

20161017_232623.png

This maybe similar to the issue that everyone here is reporting or maybe not. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userFCBGLLvz5a
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model number SM-G935T

Serial number RF8HB3EMRGP

Baseband G935TUVSACSG1

I am with TPG

I have had this issue since purchasing it 3 weeks ago. 

Prior to this phone I had a Motorola with the same provider and had no issues.

I have tried speaking to my provider TPG I have tried trouble shooting I have tried an external Aircalin I have tried getting a new sim. Nothing works. I purchased this phone because it is waterproof and I have lost 3 down the toilet. But if I can’t get or receive phone calls then what is the point in it being waterproof.