Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
uservdp6PUUcBE
Asteroid

S7 won't delete apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Galaxy S7 will not let me uninstall apps, even if they are unnecessary for core functionality, such as amazon app. I can only disable. Please help me. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Robb1313
Asteroid

Re: S7 won't delete apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They come with software updates or carrier updates to your phone. Unless you want to root your phone with something like Kingaroot just disable them and put them together in a folder. It of sight

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds like the apps you are trying to delete are built into the operating system. You wouldn't be able to delete apps that come programmed with your device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

uservdp6PUUcBE
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I thought that too initially, until I saw it with apps I downloaded too. My phone didn't come with the Amazon app. That's now been changed, but I can't delete the old one. I downloaded the Samsung's VR apps, but now can't get rid of them. Even the simple games for it didn't work well for very long. Why can't I get very rid of some of these after they've been downloaded?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you downloading them through the Google Play Store or the Galaxy store?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

uservdp6PUUcBE
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Google Play store 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you open the app in the Google Play Store are you able to unistall the app from there?

uservdp6PUUcBE
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately not, which is strange because I was told to get a new amazon app but cannot get rid of the old one. 

Robb1313
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The carrier and Google updates have made them post of the OS. I just disable them and throw them in a folder I made for said I don't use. You could root your phone with something like the King root

Robb1313
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They come with software updates or carrier updates to your phone. Unless you want to root your phone with something like Kingaroot just disable them and put them together in a folder. It of sight

View solution in original post