cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userBt4H4J3Y8A
Constellation

Battery drains faster than usual for the past 3 weeks. Nothing has changed from my daily use. Play some mobile games, YouTube, snapchat etc. Now my phone has died 2 times while at 15%-20%. Any help would be appreciated thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Red Giant

@userBt4H4J3Y8A,

Workarounds:

The obvious place to start is to turn features off. Pull down the notification shade and turn off anything you don’t need.

Go to Settings > Display and turn Always on display

Reduce your screen brightness, and go to Settings > Display > Screen timeout and turn it down as low as you can stand.

Use the power saving modes in Settings > Battery.

Reduce background data usage for apps via Settings > Data usage > Background data.

Potential solutions:

If your battery is draining fast, and it’s happening while you’re not even using the S7, there’s a chance that a rogue app is to blame. Take a look for potential culprits in Settings > Battery > Battery usage. If something is guzzling too much juice, make sure it’s up to date or consider uninstalling it and replacing it with something else.

It’s worth trying a wipe of the cache partition. Turn the S7 off by holding the Power button and selecting Power off. Hold the Power, Volume up, and Home buttons together. When you see the Samsung logo you can let go of Power, but wait until you see the Android logo to release the other two. You should see the recovery menu. Use Volume down to highlight wipe cache partition and then Power to select it. Once it’s done, press Power and select reboot system now.

You may have to set up a few things again, but resetting settings is a good thing to try before you resort to a full factory reset. You can do it via Settings > Backup and reset > Reset settings.

If nothing has fixed your S7 battery drain, then back up everything on the phone and remove your MicroSD card. Then, go to Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset. After the reset be careful about what you install and watch out for a recurrence of the battery drain.

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Red Giant

@userBt4H4J3Y8A,

Workarounds:

The obvious place to start is to turn features off. Pull down the notification shade and turn off anything you don’t need.

Go to Settings > Display and turn Always on display

Reduce your screen brightness, and go to Settings > Display > Screen timeout and turn it down as low as you can stand.

Use the power saving modes in Settings > Battery.

Reduce background data usage for apps via Settings > Data usage > Background data.

Potential solutions:

If your battery is draining fast, and it’s happening while you’re not even using the S7, there’s a chance that a rogue app is to blame. Take a look for potential culprits in Settings > Battery > Battery usage. If something is guzzling too much juice, make sure it’s up to date or consider uninstalling it and replacing it with something else.

It’s worth trying a wipe of the cache partition. Turn the S7 off by holding the Power button and selecting Power off. Hold the Power, Volume up, and Home buttons together. When you see the Samsung logo you can let go of Power, but wait until you see the Android logo to release the other two. You should see the recovery menu. Use Volume down to highlight wipe cache partition and then Power to select it. Once it’s done, press Power and select reboot system now.

You may have to set up a few things again, but resetting settings is a good thing to try before you resort to a full factory reset. You can do it via Settings > Backup and reset > Reset settings.

If nothing has fixed your S7 battery drain, then back up everything on the phone and remove your MicroSD card. Then, go to Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset. After the reset be careful about what you install and watch out for a recurrence of the battery drain.

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
userBt4H4J3Y8A
Constellation

Cool thanks man

userDzDo3dX6ig
Constellation
I need help
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userDzDo3dX6ig Can you please advise what you are needing assistance with?