JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S8+ Battery Percentage Plummets

(Topic created: 10-22-2021 06:15 PM)
userku1Dgx6BFk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not long after a full charge, my screen goes blank and I need to plug in and force a reboot.  The battery indicator then shows a very low percentage (less than 10%), which is probably why the screen shuts down.  I tried safe mode but still has the problem.  I will try doing a factory reset but wonder if anyone else has had this happen or, better still, knows what the problem is.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
5 Replies
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userku1Dgx6BFk Have you considered that the battery is at the end of life and may need replaced?

0 Likes
userku1Dgx6BFk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's a fairly "new" phone, insofar as I got it new in box off ebay only a couple of months ago. Do the batteries go bad over time even of not charged or used?  My concern is that I'm not really sure if this is a battery problem, indicator problem, or screen problem.  That's why I'm trying to determine of others have had a similar issue.

0 Likes
userku1Dgx6BFk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

... or a rogue app (although it still happens in safe mode).  Forgot to mention that this is my second S8+ with the same exact problem.

Maybe it's me.

0 Likes
briguy575
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
May be time for a new phone battery they go bad after awhile and depending on age
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am sorry to hear your S8+ battery life is poor, and can understand how much of a drag it can be when doing day-to-day things with your phone. Can't figure out why your battery is always draining? Your phone has the answer. You can monitor and extend its battery life or use a Power saving mode to get the most out of it. You'll never be stumped about your phone's battery life again. Try this guide here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078987/

Of course, it could also be the age of the battery inside the unit, given its age as other users have pointed out. Please let me know if this helps.

0 Likes