JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S8+ Battery Percentage Plummets

(Topic created: 10-22-2021 09:17 AM)
userku1Dgx6BFk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not long after a full charge, my screen goes blank and I need to plug in and force a reboot.  The battery indicator then shows a very low percentage (less than 10%), which is probably why the screen shuts down.  I tried safe mode but still has the problem.  I will try doing a factory reset but wonder if anyone else has had this happen or, better still, knows what the problem is.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am sorry to hear your S8+ battery life is poor, and can understand how much of a drag it can be when doing day-to-day things with your phone. Can't figure out why your battery is always draining? Your phone has the answer. You can monitor and extend its battery life or use a Power saving mode to get the most out of it. You'll never be stumped about your phone's battery life again. Try this guide here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078987/

Of course, it could also be the age of the battery inside the unit, given its age as other users have pointed out. Please let me know if this helps.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userku1Dgx6BFk Have you considered that the battery is at the end of life and may need replaced?

0 Likes
userku1Dgx6BFk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's a fairly "new" phone, insofar as I got it new in box off ebay only a couple of months ago. Do the batteries go bad over time even of not charged or used?  My concern is that I'm not really sure if this is a battery problem, indicator problem, or screen problem.  That's why I'm trying to determine of others have had a similar issue.

0 Likes
userku1Dgx6BFk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

... or a rogue app (although it still happens in safe mode).  Forgot to mention that this is my second S8+ with the same exact problem.

Maybe it's me.

0 Likes
briguy575
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
May be time for a new phone battery they go bad after awhile and depending on age
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am sorry to hear your S8+ battery life is poor, and can understand how much of a drag it can be when doing day-to-day things with your phone. Can't figure out why your battery is always draining? Your phone has the answer. You can monitor and extend its battery life or use a Power saving mode to get the most out of it. You'll never be stumped about your phone's battery life again. Try this guide here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078987/

Of course, it could also be the age of the battery inside the unit, given its age as other users have pointed out. Please let me know if this helps.

View solution in context

0 Likes