Galaxy S Phones
Anyone know why? 
0 Likes
10 Replies
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Connection to service issue maybe? Update requiring wifi or ota? Would be two different checks
LucindaStreets
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Doesn't matter if I use data or wifi always fails. And the random restarts can just come at any time. They are infrequent, but never happen at good times (like there is one 🤔🤪)
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Lol i meant which update, an ota update or one that requires a wifi connection. So i can suggest some settings to turn off that can cause connectivity issues that could be the reason for it cutting out... lok
0 Likes
LucindaStreets
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Sorry I am not very savvy, so I'm still not sure what exactly you mean but if it helps, it is software system update(I think) it seems to download fine, sometimes I will tell it to install when it says it is ready, I have also tried scheduling it for later. Installation fails around 30% I have seen it stop at 28 also but no later than 42 ever, says it will revert back. (Even though I don't think it actually changed anything).
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ok... does the update specifically state at the beginning this update requires a wifi connection? Then during download state not to leave the wifi coverage area update downloading? Did it say that the first time you tried and you left the wifi or lost wifi signal mid update? Do you know how to enable developer options on your phone, yes/no? Go back up your phones data then let me know
0 Likes
LucindaStreets
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I got this phone used in February, it updated just fine the first time. this update has failed install at least 30 times. It does not say wifi needed but I have tried it with and without wifi access (not breaking wifi during) and it acts the same. After it does this it is about 5 to 7 days, I would guess, before it says it once again has an update to install. Unfortunately I know nothing about developer options but am willing to learn... I do have my auto back up on, and itnisnset to auto download updates over wifi or data if wifi unavailable
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ok try this... make a new full back up of your phone.. DM me, ill instruct you on dev opts and trouble shoots before a direct flash update would fix it.
0 Likes
userBKeb2sRi30
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Why don't you just buy new Samsung phone? If you don't have money then buy Samsung A series phone
LucindaStreets
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Haha this phone is new to me
0 Likes