S8+ Screen waking up every 10 seconds

Highlighted
Asteroid

S8+ Screen waking up every 10 seconds

I'm having this issue on my new S8+.

Steps I have tried:

*Hard cache wipe (posted elsewhere hold down buttons on reboot, etc.)

-- this works until I have to get into the phone for any reason. Once I go into the phone after the cache wipe/ reboot the problem reoccurs. I don't open ANY apps and it reoccurs.

*Turned off WiFi - no effect on issue

*Airplane mode - no effect on issue

*Starting phone in safe mode - no effect on issue

*Cache wipe of individual apps from settings - no effect on issue

*Shut off paired watch - no effect on issue

*Unpaired Huawei smartwatch and repair with phone - no effect on issue.

I'm at my wits end here. I don't have a valid backup to restore from, as the most recent backup was made when this issue was happening, and even if I can get to the previous one that was made on my old s7edge it may be corrupted (stalls at 60%).

This problem started when the system software update was applied to my phone over the weekend. 

This thing is waking up every 10seconds! It literally wakes me up at night now because of this behavior. Guess I shouldn't have thrown out that alarm clock =(

12 REPLIES
Asteroid

Re: S8+ Screen waking up every 10 seconds

[ Edited ]

Forgot to mention that I removed the case from the phone as well and that isn't the culprit. 

The screen wakes up if the phone is plugged in or not.

Toggled AOD off/ on too, no change.

Honored Contributor

In your Settings menu, do you have the Smart Stay option enabled? There's like two major settings that could mess with the behavior of this. One being the one where if it thinks you're looking at your phone it'll trigger to stay on. That and the one where if in a dark location, it prevents from turning on automatically.

Let me know if you've seen or messed with any of these.

(I believe I replied to this on the other thread you posted. But let's communicate here to make it easier.)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Constellation

I am having the same problem.

Astronaut

i have the same exact problem on my s8. everything was fine until the latest update. tried so many things including your 2 suggestions, sadly nothing has resolved this issue yet. HELP! Smiley Sad

Astronaut

i have the same exact problem on my s8. everything was fine until the latest update. tried so many things including your 2 suggestions, sadly nothing has resolved this issue yet. HELP! Smiley Sad
Constellation

Count me in the club.  About to ditch the S8+ entirely because of it.

Constellation

Same issue with s8 Smiley Sad

Asteroid

my new s8 plus is doing the same thing.  Did you find solution to this?

Asteroid