JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S8 Wired fast charge feature stopped working

(Topic created on: 6/15/17 9:07 AM)
JeffBe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've had my S8 for about four weeks now and the fast charging function stopped working a couple weeks ago.  When I plug the charger in the phone states that the connection is not complete.  The charger is solidly connected, and I can feel the cable click into place.  Do I need to request a new charger?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungViv
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello @JeffBe

The first thing I would suggest is stopping by a carrier/service provider store, or even something like a Best Buy (if you're here in the states) to test out a new charger without having to commit to buying one first. Naturally you can also try a friend or family member's charger just to see. If it works, awesome! The charger was the problem and can either be tossed and you can buy a new one, or you can contact Samsung directly and ask for a new one (a bit slower a process there though). If the test chargers aren't working right either then you might have to contact Samsung for a repair on the phone itself.

In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook. You can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
SamsungViv
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello @JeffBe

The first thing I would suggest is stopping by a carrier/service provider store, or even something like a Best Buy (if you're here in the states) to test out a new charger without having to commit to buying one first. Naturally you can also try a friend or family member's charger just to see. If it works, awesome! The charger was the problem and can either be tossed and you can buy a new one, or you can contact Samsung directly and ask for a new one (a bit slower a process there though). If the test chargers aren't working right either then you might have to contact Samsung for a repair on the phone itself.

In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook. You can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
JeffBe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you SamsungViv, my problem is solved.  I attached my Wife's S7 charger, and the fast charge feature worked.  The next day I used my S8 charger, and it is now fast charging as it should.

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Awesome! Glad to hear that things are working again as they should.  :)

0 Likes