JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S8+ heaphone jack problems

(Topic created on: 2/12/21 8:21 PM)
brittbee
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Anytime I plug headphones into the jack, my phone starts acting up intermittently. Bixby Voice will auto-launch itself, youtube videos will pause or skip to another video without me touching anything. Calls will get dropped when speaking through headphones. Static sounds can be heard sometimes. I've switched headphones and the problem still occurs. This problem only happens when heaphones are plugged in. I've tried cleaning out the jack with a blower, switching headphones, etc. The problem still exists. The sound coming from heaphones is fine. It's the phone itself that starts glitching when headphones are plugged in. 

Any thoughts? 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Repairs would be recommended if troubleshooting is of no help, you can visit your local uBreakiFix for walk-in options: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
TheGalaxy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
clean with alcohol
try different earphone
wipe cache partition
0 Likes
brittbee
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've tried different earphones and problem still persists. I've also cleaned the jack. hmmm
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
replace port
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Repairs would be recommended if troubleshooting is of no help, you can visit your local uBreakiFix for walk-in options: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes