S8+ waking up from lock screen

Constellation

S8+ waking up from lock screen

[ Edited ]

My new S8+ phone has started waking up from lock screen every 10 sec or so. I did factory reset but it did not fix the issue.  This is really annoying. I did google search and it seems that others are also having similar problem.  I tried to turn off everthing in settings menu that might cause this but still did not help. 

Any help is appreaciated. 

9 REPLIES
Constellation
Samsung Moderator

Re: S8+ waking up from lock screen

Hey, @firtina, thanks for reaching out about this. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can't get this to stop happening. Thanks for the video!

Let's start by doing a soft reset by doing the following:

1. Power your device down by holding the Volume Down and Power keys until the device shuts off.
2. Then boot it back on and let me know how it responds.

If you have tried any other troubleshooting, please let us know!

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I tried soft reset before but it did not help.  I did factory reset several times and cleaned cache. I also disabled as many apps as possible. But the problem persists.

I also realized that phone battery is draining quickly overnight to about 50-60% when I put the phone into Samsung flip case. When the case is closed, screen stays on. Please see the links. Thank you 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jWuD6w5cYc7c1N_Sq2V8aZiDK6W-nd10/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UiNw1lkjppIxfyfoBbzFuJ-nTPVdxIah/view?usp=sharing

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

That's weird, thanks for sending those videos, @firtina. Does this behavior continue when your phone is not in the flip case?

Constellation

Yes, it does.

Samsung Moderator

I see, thanks for clearing that up. Would you mind providing your device's Baseband? You can find this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Astronaut

Hey. My phone is not in any kinda case. But it still wakes up. And battery is draining. Faster than before.  What do I do?

Constellation

Hello all, 

Our phone received Samsung update notification and I did the update other day (G955U1UES2AQL1 - Release date 12/28/17). It did not solve the issue with screen waking up. Then I signed in to Bixby account again. Bixby button still was not working.  It did Bixby updates. I went to Settings>Apps>Bixby Global Action - Bixby Home - Bixby Service - Bixby Voice>Storage and cleared data and cache for Bixby apps. I also disabled Bixby in home screen.  

And screen stopped waking up every 10 secs or so.  I used to do these steps before last Samsung update, it was not helping. But this time it worked for some reason. I also placed the phone inside Samsung flip case and it does not wake up anymore when the case is closed. And battery stopped draining quickly as well.  

I was planning to do a factory reset to see if the issue comes back but I'm not sure.  

I'm monitoring the phone right now.    

Constellation

Baseband version: G955U1UES2AQL1