JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9 - Android 10 Update - Quick battery drain

(Topic created: 02-09-2020 01:47 PM)
userNjKLMgD22k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Never had issues with battery but after the recent Android 10 upgrade it started to darin really quick. I have to recharge phone at 2-3 pm now :(. Did anybody else notice the same issue?

I didn't install any new apps so I'm pretty sure that upgrade caused it.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userAfJEWnW8e7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My apps update automatically.  Just checked and no pending updates.  I've cleared cache so hopefully this will resolve.

Thanks

userVznxvmqjR3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Has a solution been found other than completely resetting the phone?? Seems to be a terrible solution. 

Jamess467
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones

For the first 2 days, my S9 heated up after the Android 10 update, but now things got better. You can clear the cache partition, or a complete factory reset...

user9VEM6iBBCy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My battery life is terrible now. It was never great but now I need to recharge it twice a day. 

While I keep most apps sleeping!!
I also can't stand the advise on putting the bluetooth off or location and other stuff. That is why I want this smartphone. Otherwise I would use my Nokia 3310 again. 14 days of battery life.

If I need to recharge my battery 2-3 times a day, then this is not an upgrade but a very bad downgrade. 
Really disappointed here. Is this the strategy that you need to buy a new phone???!!!

Then it won't be a samsung anymore. 
And then I welcome our Chinese friends.

Btw: I cleared the cache partition. No help.  Pretty sure nothing will help and that Samsung knows this.

If there is anyone who has a decent battery life after a factory reset please tell me.
Otherwise I will install an old custom rom and or change to xiaomi or others.

userwGDBB0IF7u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Nothing works , I tried everything.  Samsung really needs to fix this in the next update . I can't go anywhere without a powerbank to last me the hole day. I charge my s9 and on 100% i have 10 hours on moderate to almost standby only, if i leave the wifi all night long I risk to find my phone dead in the morning if I leave it on 70 % when I go to bed, 7 hours of stanby.... the battery was never great but it was almost  double the time on android 9

Dave02895
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My s9 plus updated to android 10. I tried wiping cache....factory reset and my battery drains super fast. Battery saver modes dont help at all. I had no issues with battery till this update on sprint network..... Samsung please fix the issue with battery drain

Samsung_xRpNBFh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Please fix the problem with the battery drain

Njdan30
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Download android 9 and use Odin to go back to android 9. Make sure you download version with the same bootloader number (7) it's the 5th to last number. And enjoy

@Samsung_xRpNBFh wrote:

Please fix the problem with the battery drain

userIp9orrvkpi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello

userIp9orrvkpi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Trust me I've had the same problem befor with my old phone