JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9 - Android 10 Update - Quick battery drain

(Topic created: 02-09-2020 01:47 PM)
userNjKLMgD22k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Never had issues with battery but after the recent Android 10 upgrade it started to darin really quick. I have to recharge phone at 2-3 pm now :(. Did anybody else notice the same issue?

I didn't install any new apps so I'm pretty sure that upgrade caused it.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
50 Replies
userIp9orrvkpi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I got s10e

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userA15Q1tDWa2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes and battery life is awful and my screen freezes in apps and the browser.   Fike a complaint with the  FTC.  Samsung is probably trying to get people to upgrade like Apple did. 

0 Likes
userL7PFEkfRUt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm also observing the same issue with my S9 after A10 upgrade. Most frustating is return on investment for these cell phones. I paid >$700 for the device and within a year the battery problem showed up. Same thing happened with my Galaxy Active S6 after 1 and half years. That was actual battery problem but why should I pay so much money to get this kind of user experience from these expensive cell phones? I think this upgrade followed by battery issues is common across cell phone vendors and they don't seem to give any importance to it.

usernl9J28VLi4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Here is what worked for me and my S9+. Settings --> search on "battery" --> select "optimize battery usage--> Select optimize battery usage. You will see "Apps not optimized" with a drop-down menu. In the drop-down, select "All." Make sure all of your apps are switched to "on" for optimized battery usage." Before I did this, my battery would go from 100% charge to 20% charge overnight. After making this change my battery went from 100% charge to 94% charge overnight. Hope you have the same success I did.

userRvr2HchlVp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Tried everything but battery is pathetic.... is there any way to roll back android 10 update

0 Likes
userjK0YAU89T0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am both happy and disgusted to find this thread. Happy I am not the only one experiencing this issue since update, my phone is now lucky to last 3 or 4 hours. This really is the final straw on the camels back for me, Bixby by itself is enough to put me off another samsung, but now I am shopping for a new phone far earlier than expected and samsung will not be getting another red cent from me.

userQUAhRijDQv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same story - different phone.

Happened to my S7, now it's happened to my S9.

Listen - This is called Capitalism. Your phone is perfectly fine but Samsaung (and all the other massive corporations) don't want you to have a working phone when your contact has ended. 

You receive an 'update' near the end of the lifecycle, and a new ' phone upgrade' will be offered. If you brought your phone as a standalone, you are out of luck.  

It will continue to happen with whatever provider you use, at the same time every year, as it's legal and it's known as consumerism.  

You can all debate about how angry you are at Samsung but nothing, I REPEAT, nothing will happen. You have already paid them their money, and you will sign up with another contract via another corporation.  The phone battery will mysetriously die near the end of the lifecycle and this will go on for infinity. 

That is how Capitalism works.

userxK9UoswL8E
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi,

Try this as it worked for me.

Go to..

-Settings,

-(search) 'Optimise Battery Usage',

-(drop down/select) 'All',

-(scroll down and find) 'Samsung Pay' / 'Samsung Pay Framework',

-(toggle) Both to the OFF position.

Since the update in February, these were using a ridiculous amount of battery as they're constantly trying to optimise in the background.

I have since turned off auto update as I believe this is a way for Samsung to apply software which constantly bugs the phone and drains battery. I occasionally get a prompt to carry out an update but I select 'later' and the option disappears for around a month or so.

Give it a try before you decide to hard reset or upgrade.

0 Likes
useriotXkxGJ0w
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You guys got the update still iam on android 9 with november security patch

Why didnt i receive it?

0 Likes