JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9 - Android 10 Update - Quick battery drain

(Topic created: 02-09-2020 01:47 PM)
userNjKLMgD22k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Never had issues with battery but after the recent Android 10 upgrade it started to darin really quick. I have to recharge phone at 2-3 pm now :(. Did anybody else notice the same issue?

I didn't install any new apps so I'm pretty sure that upgrade caused it.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
50 Replies
user9VEM6iBBCy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I don't believe this. And there is no such option as "forcedly update all apps"

userDBf9gFSd5e
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Well, the Galaxy S8 is affected as well, and absoutely NONE of these solutions has worked.

As one user already said, I don't believe this!

Forced update of all apps? Really? 

Bravo, Samsung. Guess what brand of phone I'm NOT getting next? 

Njdan30
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Downgrade back to android 9.i did because I had battery issues abd VoLTE wasn't working like it should. 

@userNjKLMgD22k wrote:

UPD: Before hard reset I tried one more thing: forcedly updated all apps and reset cache partition one more time. Surprisingly it helped at least partially. Phone doesn't die in the mid of the day at least.

luka3rd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have noticed that once turned on (I turn it off every evening) battery drains to 96% in a minute... Before it was 100% at least a few first minutes of usage.

I guess that new software is doing some heavy work in background during startup time. 

I wiped the cache now, we'll see! Thank you for reminding me! 

0 Likes
bumboola
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I experienced the opposite. Oreo had great battery life and Pie had poor battery life even in power saving mode, which I had to keep on permanently. With Android 10 battery life is great again, I think it has a more aggressive doze/sleep mode to police background activity which really benefits a light to moderate user.

userNjKLMgD22k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

According to my observations when phone is not used it keeps battery pretty good indeed. Drain happens during active use but I do not do something fancy - photos, some Pokemon Go playing, navigation etc. I did the same things before upgrate and battery lived longer. System shows the Google Play services consume the most of the power.

The same thing happened to my old poor S7 after the last upgrade (it was the reason for switching to S9).

0 Likes
Samsung_aw9YdAw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Omgosh

0 Likes
Samsung_IFeqnrI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a note 9 I still haven't gotten Android 10