JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9 - Android 10 Update - Quick battery drain

(Topic created: 02-09-2020 01:47 PM)
userNjKLMgD22k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Never had issues with battery but after the recent Android 10 upgrade it started to darin really quick. I have to recharge phone at 2-3 pm now :(. Did anybody else notice the same issue?

I didn't install any new apps so I'm pretty sure that upgrade caused it.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Getafix
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

On my S9+ the battery is fine till 20% then it drains to 0% in less than a minute and phone switches off.

Couple of times have charged it to around 15% and that will last for about 2 hours.

Cleared the Cache. Also done a full reset but still happens.

Any solution? 

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Getafix Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Getafix
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have not tried that. Not sure how to try as today it dropped from 24% to 0% in less than a minute.

How do I switch to Safe mode say once it reaches 30%.

Interestingly, just charged it to 28%, and using it since and battery usage is as expected. This happened before. Will charge it to full later tonight and let it run down tomorrow.

20200310_184438.jpg

0 Likes
Getafix
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok, Switched to Safe Mode at 25%, battery dropped to 14% quickly. Dropped to 13% after about 5 or so minutes, and then dropped to Zero quickly.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Getafix I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Getafix
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Done.

Model/Serial/IMEI sent.

0 Likes
Along541
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

People complain when they dont have the update then people complain when they do and try to find any little tiny thing wrong

Lorikelli
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Really?

0 Likes
userAfJEWnW8e7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My battery life is terrible since installing the latest update.  I had a new battery installed 6 months ago with a new screen and I easily got a full day out of my S9+, with quite heavy useage.

Now even if I don't use my phone much, by 4pm it's on 30%!!   Looking at app usage doesn't appear to give anything away.  I've ran maintenance optimisation and restarted phone.  I've just tried clearing the cache so will see if it is any better tomorrow.

There is definitely a problem with the update, if I use my phone moderately I'm now charging it 2-3 times a day. And that's a brand new 6 month old battery!

userNjKLMgD22k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've solved this issue for both of my S9s in the following way:
1. Update all apps

2. Clear caches

Simple cache clearing didn't help, only after updating all apps.

Battery was being drained by Google Play Services. After applying of steps above its power consumption got back to normal.

0 Likes