Original topic:

Don't get all information on car display with my S9 Bluetooth

(Topic created: 12-28-2018 01:57 PM)
userPJz0SBsS7K
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

BMW Mini Countryman.

With my Huawei Honor 8 (2013)  I get more information in the dispay in the car than with my brand new Galaxy S9

The Honor 8 has a Bluetooth 4,2

The S9 has (of course) Bluetooth 5

How can that be??

Any idea what to do?

0 Likes
15 Replies
userPJz0SBsS7K
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's the module for both car computer , media part and bluetooth connection programmed by BMW. The module element was replaced (The former broke down) and it was programmed with last update for the module, so I think it should handle Bluetooth 5, but who knows.
🙂

0 Likes
userPJz0SBsS7K
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have double checked, and redone connections, still no luck.

I have also read quit a bit online about BMW drive connect and BMW Mini connect, and see many have similar problem. Last effort was seeing a local phone experts who concluded I need to see the car workshop to find out what exactly is in the program of the car(medua-moduke) when it comes to Bluetooth. 

Different phones can needs different ,small  "additions" in the program to work 100%

(so before we buy a phone we should check which phone work in our car, obviously!!??)

It will be a while until I get to the workshop 😞

🙂

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userPJz0SBsS7K, Thank you for reaching out to us! We recommend reaching out to the dealership to confirm your car is running the most updated software, You can also confirm that your S9 is running the most recent software.

You can locate the steps for checking the S9 here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001149/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
userPJz0SBsS7K
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Solution:

Worked on this with a phone specilist today.

"permission to share" was set ON for everything when it comes to Bluetooth, Spotify and phone contact list.

Spotify was updated.

Phone was deleted and then reinsttalled in car,,,,and IT WORKS very good!

There has been one or two permissions that has been locked, and Spotify needed a up date, and this togeher did the trick.

During connecting the phone get the question: Willing to share contact info , text etc". It is not allays enough to accept thiis, you sometimes need to go to phone/setting/ app  and find the right app and give permissions there too.

Thanks everyone here 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm not sure what you're trying to say? Are you saying that there is more UI interface information on the Huawei device than the s9? If so then it is software and I could communicate that with the Beta team

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Are you having issues connecting to any other Bluetooth devices?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes