JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9+ Camera is very slow (15-20 seconds) to focus in auto mode.

(Topic created: 07-23-2018 10:14 AM)
useriXHvyTU1hm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My camera has been super slow to focus since I got it. Wondering if there's some way to fix it?

Edit: I should note this only occurs upon starting the camera and it will work fine once focus has beenactivated

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
useriXHvyTU1hm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I took the phone in and as expected it had a defective camera module. The problem has now been resolved, and I recommend anyone experiencing similar issues should take it in asap. It appears like this is not a totally uncommon issue which is kind of a bummer considering the price tag for this phone. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
21 Replies
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Give this a try:

1. Settings
  2. Apps
  3. 3 Vertical Dots
  4. Show System Apps
  5. Camera
  6. Force Stop
  7. Storage
  8. Clear Cache and Data
0 Likes
useriXHvyTU1hm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your assistance!

I followed the instructions and while it helped, I still have to wait about 5-10 second for the camera to focus. 

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just to confirm, in your camera settings do you have AF enabled? 

0 Likes
useriXHvyTU1hm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I do have tried with both tracking autofocus on and off. It doesn't make a difference.

0 Likes
LVmyS9pLus
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The same here, this seem to be a problem with S9/S9+ dual aperture. Contacted Samsung they advised me to take it to their nearest service center, unfortunately i'm so busy. Back on my S8+ for now I can't keep with it, I have a 2 minutes Video I recorded all blurr. I did factory reset, didn't help. I'm very very dissappointed!!

0 Likes
useriXHvyTU1hm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Greaaaaat because I really want to take my baby over to some mediocre phone repair shop. Maybe if Samsung covers the bill... 

0 Likes
LVmyS9pLus
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
useriXHvyTU1hm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine isn't quite as bad as that as it does eventually focus.

Also, while I thought the phone had gotten a little better, it has now returned to about a 10 second focus time. 

I just tried safe mode again and it did not improve. When I tried it yesterday, it seemed to make the camera work better.

I think I will attempt a full reset after work. 

0 Likes
useriXHvyTU1hm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've decided to just take it in for repair. Trying to troubleshoot this issue is just a waste of time. 

0 Likes