JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9 Fingerprint App Use

(Topic created on: 6/29/18 11:17 PM)
Nahiem915
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I absolutely love my S9+ but there is a issue I have noticed. On my s8 (pre-oreo update) I could use the finger reader in apps such as mobile banking or email login in chromes without having to have a pin set up to unlock my phone. On my s9+ I am unable to use the fingerprint sensor in the mobile banking app or chromes unless I have it set up to unlock my phone. Is there anyway around this?

0 Likes
10 Replies
Solution
SamsungViv
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello there, @Nahiem915
I believe this was a change with Oreo. While there isn't a way about that feature right now, I can certainly forward along your feedback on the matter.  ^_^

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Gygi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Dealing with the same annoying issue here as well. My Note 8 got the Oreo update & still have the option to use biomametric when the lock screen is set to swipe/no security. This is really not practical for the way I use mt device.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Gygi, have you tried deleting your stored biometrics?

0 Likes
SamsungCamp
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Gygi

Hello again, just thought I would reach out and see how you were faring. Did you still need help?

0 Likes
userdTpo10oxWW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was able to use my fingerprint on my bank app until today 29 June 2018. I only use SWIPE for the phone. It used to be I set up the fingerprint with PIN - saved the fingetprint - then reset phone security to swipe. Now it removes the fingerprint access. It was working until I had S8+ issues with facebook so I removed the system cache. 

Then it quit.

Many of us do not want or need the security to unlock the phone. I use a password app to protect my passwords and do NOT need to be bothered with a phone password.

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This link may prove fruitful. 

0 Likes
user5Vn2o4nC1h
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I stepped away from my trusty S8 Edge yesterday, and upgraded to an S9+. And to my dismay I'm having the same problem the OP mentioned above, in that I can't use my fingerprint to open my banking app without using a password. I also use a password app for my passwords so don't need a lot of security opening the phone,, but this just adds layers of complications not being able to use biometrics to secure individual apps.

I don't understand that this has been marked as "Solved" simply by saying that Oreo did it! It didn't. I ran Oreo on the S8 and still had fingerprint access to open apps. There must be something else in the S9+ that's causing this. Samsung?????

0 Likes
userV83qrQzqob
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I, too, would like to use the fingerprint scanner to sign it to apps, and I could care less about using the scanner for security. If you have found a fix, please respond. thanks

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Could you please tell me the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes