JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Experiencing issues with incoming calls on my S9+ Bluetooth with Chevy Equinox

(Topic created: 02-19-2019 03:18 PM)
user0HPw2TBAQH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So odd problem with my S9+ and Chevy Equinox and curious if others have encountered this issue. My bluetooth plays media and I can make calls, however, when I have an incoming call and answer, then the following occurs:

-My ringtone through the car continues nonstop. I have to shut off my car, go away, and come back for it to reset. I did recently learn if I press my onstar button, then that will stop the ringing as well.

-Once you answer an incoming call then all calls after on bluetooth do not work. I can call, but have to switch to speaker phone to speak. Same thing with answering another incoming call. I can answer and no ring the second time, but have to switch to my speaker phone.

I did learn that this only occurs if I answer the incoming call. If I just let it ring or decline, then calls over bluetooth continue just fine. I have unpaired devices, called Chevy and had them perform a unit reconfig and told me it was a Samsung update. I called Samsung and they said they never heard of any prior complaints. Even after restoring my phone and stereo to factory settings problem still persists. Curious if anybody out there has experienced similar scenario.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Please follow these steps, as written. The vehicle bluetooth settings may vary.

1. Turn off ignition.

2. Exit vehicle, close all the doors, DO NOT Disturb the vehicle for at least 4 minutes.

3. While waiting for step #2 to complete, uninstall Android Auto app on the customer's phone.

4. In the customer's phone, select Settings> Connections> Bluetooth> Advanced Settings [3 dots in the upper right-hand corner]> Phone ringtone sync> Toggle to OFF

5. Enter the vehicle and turn ignition on.

6. "Forget" Android Auto capable devices from the Radio:
     6.1 Select Home Screen
     6.2 Select "Settings"
     6.3 Ensure "Systems" tab is selected in the upper left
     6.4 Select "Phones"
     6.5 Locate all Android Auto devices in list
     6.6 For each device, select Edit (Pencil symbol) on the far right of device/phone name
     6.7 Tap "Forget Device"
     Note: After completing step 6.7, pair the device and Bluetooth calling will be fully operational.

7. Reinstall Android Auto.

8. Connect phone by USB and approve Android Auto permissions.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

18 Replies
dharris59
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issue. Have been working with Chevy, AT&T, and now Samsung. It appears it has something to do with the latest update in January.

Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

For what it's worth, I'm running the latest build publicly available (CSAB) and everything is functioning fine with my phone's bluetooth connection to my Audi. Hopefully they fix the issue for Chevy's.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userGOQuJPWRjL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having the same issue, do you know if they are working on a fix?

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Please follow these steps, as written. The vehicle bluetooth settings may vary.

1. Turn off ignition.

2. Exit vehicle, close all the doors, DO NOT Disturb the vehicle for at least 4 minutes.

3. While waiting for step #2 to complete, uninstall Android Auto app on the customer's phone.

4. In the customer's phone, select Settings> Connections> Bluetooth> Advanced Settings [3 dots in the upper right-hand corner]> Phone ringtone sync> Toggle to OFF

5. Enter the vehicle and turn ignition on.

6. "Forget" Android Auto capable devices from the Radio:
     6.1 Select Home Screen
     6.2 Select "Settings"
     6.3 Ensure "Systems" tab is selected in the upper left
     6.4 Select "Phones"
     6.5 Locate all Android Auto devices in list
     6.6 For each device, select Edit (Pencil symbol) on the far right of device/phone name
     6.7 Tap "Forget Device"
     Note: After completing step 6.7, pair the device and Bluetooth calling will be fully operational.

7. Reinstall Android Auto.

8. Connect phone by USB and approve Android Auto permissions.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

jpollman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It worked perfectly. Thank you!

0 Likes
userEXERJkMpj9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem with S9 and 2019 Chevy Trax - worked perfectly until the software update, now I cannot use my bluetooth.

If they don't fix it soon I will be changing phones.

userL5bJBekkjk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I thought I was crazy as I couldn't find anything about this problem anywhere online until I discovered your post! Literally same exact issue. S9+, 2019 Equinox. I've tried everything and nothing to date has been able to fix it. While it didn't start until the Android Pie update, I'm actually beginning to the think the problem is on Chevy's side, because I've had my phone turned completely off, the car turned off, and then I turn the car back on and the ringing continues... DESPITE the phone being off and not plugged in. I've been toying with the idea of pulling the fuse or disconnecting the battery for a good 30 minutes in order to clear any residual settings/memory issues or what not (I once had a Ford that had a bluetooth buffer or something which would glitch out in a similar fashion every 1-2 months and disconnecting the battery did the trick). Hoping it resolves soon, because I drive extensively for work and often am on calls-- I've taken to wearing a bluetooth headset and plugging in to the backseat power as the car overrides my bluetooth the second I plug it in to front USB connections...
dharris59
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was given a solution that fhas worked for my Galaxy S9 and 2019 Equinox. 

1. Uninstall Android Auto.

2. in Blutoot settings go to "Advanced" (Or the 3 verticle dots) nad turn off ringtone sync.

3. in the Equinox, in settings/vehicle/phone remove all instance of your phone.

4. reinstall Android Auto

5. plug phone into the USB port and follow instructions.

This was given to me by GM and it has worked great. below is some contact info if needed.

855-250-5600

nfotainment@gm.com

userfYUEbe3Hoe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you it did make so I can use my cell if someone  calls me but I hear a ringtone that's not on my cell I hear two Ringtones  but it works I am happy thanks again

0 Likes