JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9 demo software update?

(Topic created: 03-25-2020 11:37 AM)
Rackington
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I purchased a demo s9 and factory reset it. Can I get the upgraded software android version or will it not be released to me because of the device?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ACEB0ND10
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

To be honest  at this point  I would recommend calling 1-800 - SAMSUNG  to help you solve the issues.

Or go to a UBREAKIFIX Store  they are also Samsung Authorized Repair Center  They can help you properly diagnose the device.

View solution in context

14 Replies
Louis_J
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello there @Rackington 

Unfortunately  due to the device being a demo, there is no way to get updates to use as a regular device phone. Hope  this clarifies your question.

0 Likes
ACEB0ND10
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi @Louis_J   If you still having issue with your Demo device,  You can following instruction below.

Step one :

Enable Developer options by navigating to  >Settings>About Phone>Software information> 

>(Tap "Build Number"  7 times)  it will enable Developer options.

Step Two : 

>Settings> Developer Options> Demo Mode

Make sure DEMO Mode is not  enable to your device.

Hope this helps, Please accept solution if this method solve the issue.

Let me know if you have any questions, Thank you!

Rackington
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

But I use it as a regular device its fully active just no updates

0 Likes
Louis_J
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Rackington  if you  are trying to get to latest firmware update, I believe that the s9 will no longer be able to update to the latest update. Reason behind it,  the phone is already to its latest firmware and it can't  be updated further.

0 Likes
Rackington
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I believe you're mistaken. I sell phones at the phone store. I purchased our demo. Factory reset. Now its brand new out the box but I'm running oreo. Android 8.0. I know this is not the latest because my wife has same phone as me and runs the new android 10. My question is simple, does the serial number of my phone disqualify me from android 10? Do I need to completely flash my phone?

0 Likes
Louis_J
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Rackington  I understand what you are saying and trying to do. However is not the serial number that disqualifies you. The phone  isn't  set up to run on android 10. The farthest it will go is android 8.0.

You can completely flash the device if you wish but it will not change the fact that it can't  go beyond android 8.0.

ACEB0ND10
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi @Rackington Technically it depends what carrier you are using to be eligible on Android10  upgrade

Most of the carriers have Android 10 readily available  to install. But some of the carrier they do not have Android 10 available yet, 

You can check on your device if you have an a vailable update by navigating to

>Settings >Software update> Download and install

Please make sure you are connected to a  internet.

0 Likes
Rackington
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@acebond10 it says that the demo mode is not on

0 Likes
Solution
ACEB0ND10
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

To be honest  at this point  I would recommend calling 1-800 - SAMSUNG  to help you solve the issues.

Or go to a UBREAKIFIX Store  they are also Samsung Authorized Repair Center  They can help you properly diagnose the device.

View solution in context