JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S9 keeps restarting overnight

(Topic created: 03-01-2019 09:08 AM)
user5eUufYVZWL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Bought my S9 in November,  the battery has never been very good at keeping charge. Now it has started to close down and go to the restart screen every morning.  This happens whether it is being charged or not. I have tried running in safe mode, clearing the cache worked for one night,  wireless charging and plugged in, all to no avail. I can no longer use as an alarm ascit starts clicking in the middle of the night when it restarts! Any ideas or do I take back to store?

0 Likes
JUMP TO SOLUTION
17 Replies
usertAnBUTVcu3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This worked for me as well.  I guess the last stupid Samsung update automatically set this to ON without advising.  Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
userfVWuWrKKWw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had same restartingissue, and had Auto Optimization turned on.
Turned if off, hoping that would fix the issue, but it restarted again last night.
Anything other possible settings to check?

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Do you know if the device still restarts when it is in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userkyo3yodrXW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

hi i am having the same problem and has been happening now for the past 2/3 weeks 

0 Likes
user5eUufYVZWL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I solved by going to settings > device care > optimise. Click the 3 dots in top right corner and make sure auto optimisation and auto restart are set to off 

@userkyo3yodrXW wrote:

hi i am having the same problem and has been happening now for the past 2/3 weeks 

Samsung_hywCNBu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Well, time to get NOTE 10, cause its bugging you to get a new phone, there a weird restart setting based on your update that let's restart your setting that the note 9 would boot up based on your schedule you'll set up, if you found it, turn in off once you see that setting for updates

0 Likes
usersJW1KSLU44
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having the same issue. I've turn off the optimizing button 3 weeks ago and it worked great for two weeks. But this past week it restarted 3xs. (Galaxy 9)  please help.

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user5eUufYVZWL Do you know if your phone is up to date on its software?

0 Likes