Original topic:

S9+ otg not working

(Topic created: 06-20-2021 07:15 AM)
txtinman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When I connect my otg adapter with a usb card reader attached my phone notification says it is charging the connected device via usb. I cannot access the files on the card reader. While trying to get it working suddenly the message said a usb mass storage device connected and I was able to transfer a photo from the sd card to my phone. After removing the otg adapter and trying again it no longer works and I have not been able to duplicate my previous success. Any one know how to get this to work consistently?

I think I found how to duplicate the issue. I installed a usb mouse dongle and was able to use the mouse. After removing the dongle and inserting the card reader it worked also. Removing the otg adapter reverts back to the problem.

3 Replies
WAO71421
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Unfortunately the s9+ does not support otg(on-the-go).
0 Likes
txtinman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Since when? The phone came with the adapter I'm using. It has worked in the past and works now sporadically. If it can be used to transfer data from one phone to another I would call that OTG able. These folks seem to believe it does. Samsung phones that support OTG

NikkiM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have the s10 and mine doesn't read my otg USB and it won't even connect to my computer from the USB.
0 Likes