cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Narwhalsss
Asteroid

I bought a new micro SD card for my phone and my phone did not recognize it I formatted it to exfat on my PC and still did not work on my GS5

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: SD Card

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is sounding more and more like you might need to send the device in to be formally repaired. In this case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, @userE8Ir0abmqq

I'm just popping in to get a bit more information so that the Community can better answer you. What kind of SD card it? Can we get the make and size?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Narwhalsss
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a samsung 64 GB Evo select micro sdxc 1

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So if you wipe the formatting and place it in the device, it still doesn't work? Does it not recognize that there is a SD card in there at all or just say wrong formatting?

Narwhalsss
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No my device dosent detect or recognize any micro SD card insterted

Narwhalsss
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I also cant go to device folder in my files
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alrighty, let's try the following steps and let us know if they help any

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here.
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here.

In the mean time, any ideas out there from the Community? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @Narwhalsss. I just wanted to reach back out and see if those steps helped out! If not, please let the Community know so that they can look into different ideas to help further.

Narwhalsss
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I can't go to galaxy apps it closes every time and I can't clear cache cause I can't go into recovery mode
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is sounding more and more like you might need to send the device in to be formally repaired. In this case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook

View solution in original post