Galaxy S Phones

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userbnTuGHYkhx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

1.Remove the card from your phone and copy the data off to a pc.

2.Format the SD card in a PC using a slow format, not a quick format, do not try to format it on the phone.

3.Copy the original data back to the SD card 

4.Insert SD card  into your phone 

5.Error should now be gone, if the phone asks you to format when you reinsert, accept the format by the phone and repeat step 2 then recopy your data back

View solution in context

54 Replies
Kjsa71
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Anyone have any solutions for this problem?

Kjsa71
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After doing some research I found this to be helpful:

First reformatted the disk then did the following:

De-optimize System UI 

1. From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
  2. Find and touch Settings.
  3. Tap on Battery.
  4. On the upper-right corner, tap More and choose Optimize Battery Usage.
  5. View All apps tab.
  6. Scroll to System UI and deselect it.
  7. Now take a new photo or record a video that goes straight to your SD card.
  8. Restart your phone
  9. Then swipe away the notification

This helped get rid of that notification.  I tried multiple brands of SD cards with the same notification so I don't believe it was the card.  I think it is a software glitch that samsung needs to work on.  Good luck!

userVDnCRrBqk7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This worked for me!  Thank you!  I performed all steps except for 8. Restart phone, as the notification never came back even without a restart.  Also, not certain if the de-optimize steps were truly necessary or not to fix this problem, but it seems like something that should not be optimized regardless, so I did it and I left it that way.  Samsung Galaxy Note 8, running Android Nougat v7.1.1.

userXXospcLn3L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

worked perfect for me!!  Thank you so much 

0 Likes
userMWqHaPZ7O6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm not sure which version of Android this is referring to but I do not have the option to just tap battery once I go into settings. In settings I can go into device maintenance, then battery. When I hit the three dots in the corner and go to advanced settings there is no option for optimize battery usage. 

I get this f****** stupid SD card notification 10 times a day or more ever since upgrading Android

userXXospcLn3L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It worked for me Android 9.0.  Just look up on setting s battery optimization.  The search system ui or scroll thru the list and unmark it. ;)

0 Likes
userMWqHaPZ7O6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unchecked system ui but didn't work for me still getting the messages like 10 times a day ever since I upgraded Android. So annoying

0 Likes
SamsungCamp
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried backing up the information on the SD card and then reformatting it?

0 Likes
userMWqHaPZ7O6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes I reformatted it. Does not help. Again this issue only occurred after system upgrade. I noticed my battery life blows now as well whereas before it was never an issue