JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SIM Card Change Error

(Topic created: 01-07-2020 07:28 AM)
user6NPExzkzuq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This morning an error message appeared saying "SIM card changed. Restart your phone to start using your new SIM card. To make an emergency call before restarting, tap Emergency Call." I have not changed my SIM card, and if I restart the phone the error message appears again. I am therefore unable to use my phone and am not sure how to get around this message. Would this be a phone error or a SIM card error?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Kman1138
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Exact same thing just happened to me.  I had to click "RESTART" about 3 times before it finally started working normally.   Seems to be OK now.  Try restarting a few times and see if it fixes it.

View solution in context

0 Likes
26 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The first step is to visit your carrier and try a new SIM card. 

0 Likes
user6NPExzkzuq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks. Just to add to this, if I click on Emergency Call and then click back, the error message disappears but then reappears about 5 seconds later. In those 5 seconds I am able to send texts so the SIM card is still working. Would the first step still be to try a new SIM card?

0 Likes
Vettron
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Try factory reset

user6NPExzkzuq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks. I'll try my SIM in another phone and try another SIM in mine. If the problem still persists then I know it is the phone and will therefore do a factory reset.

0 Likes
userWbxWc8cwgn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Factory reset did not work for me.

0 Likes
Samsung_UfVRnxm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can't receive calls or messages

0 Likes
user6NPExzkzuq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can receive calls and messages. The only way to remove the error message is to click on Emergency Call and then click the back button. The error message disappears for 5 seconds. In that time I can use my phone normally, make calls, send messages, but then the error appears again. I don't know how to stop the error message appearing because I have not changed my SIM and restarting the phone as it tells me to does nothing.

0 Likes
Solution
Kman1138
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Exact same thing just happened to me.  I had to click "RESTART" about 3 times before it finally started working normally.   Seems to be OK now.  Try restarting a few times and see if it fixes it.

View solution in context

0 Likes
user6NPExzkzuq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks very much, this actually worked for me in the end as well. Not sure why that 3rd or 4th restart sorted it out, but it did.

0 Likes