cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
molly_chick
Asteroid

SMS Text Inbox Changed. Automatically Galaxy 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, can anyone tell me why mu text inbox has changed. It happened in a split second with no help from me. I now have approx 4 of my contact people names with their profile photos,  now appearing  at the top of my inbox above where my normal text msgs are. I have no idea how the phone has selected these people but is there anyway I can remove it and just have my text inbox looking the way it always has been ? I know of some people who has this also and other people with same phone as mine dont. I have a galaxy 5

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: SMS Text Inbox Changed. Automatically Galaxy 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, @molly_chick

It appears that you have used the feature of adding priority senders to your Messaging app. This was done by tapping on the + symbol and selecting individual contacts.

You may remove this feature by going to the three dot option menu on the top right of your screen, going into settings, and disabling Priority senders.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @molly_chick

We suggest including additional information about your device. This would include: 

- Full Model Number

- Current Android Version

- Carrier

- Any steps you have taken to attempt to resolve this

- The Text Message application you are using

This may help the Community to better evaluate and determine the proper steps to provide you. 

molly_chick
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there. I'm not exactly sure what my model number is to be honest.  I just know I have a Samsung galaxy 5. My carrier is with telstra (I am in australia)   I have made no attempts to resolve it as dont know how to restore it back to original . I don't want to reset the phone to factory settings. I'm sure it's just an upgrade that Samsung does but hoping I don't have to accept it . 

molly_chick
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is a screenshot of my inbox

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, @molly_chick

It appears that you have used the feature of adding priority senders to your Messaging app. This was done by tapping on the + symbol and selecting individual contacts.

You may remove this feature by going to the three dot option menu on the top right of your screen, going into settings, and disabling Priority senders.

View solution in original post

molly_chick
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much 

molly_chick
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

P.S, sorry for the late thank you but i have only just logged onto this site today.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @molly_chick 

One way to keep some settings in place would be by long pressing that setting and placing it onto the top of your screen as a quick option. You will see a small blue box appear, and it is here that you will be able to place certain quick settings. 

molly_chick
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow, thank you once again. Just did as u suggested and have the timer as a favourite. Really appreciate your time and help.

Amazing how quick and easy something is when someone takes the time to explain a solution  rather than look thru a manual, which usually  is complicated to read half the time and takes forever just to find the problem that you are experiencing!

Thank you Smiley Happy