Samart Switch closes after entering Model name and S/N

SOLVED
Honored Contributor

Re: Samart Switch closes after entering Model name and S/N

Was able to confirm for you @Nidwow that the initialization can't even be done for that device. We did get it to auto close on us though, after we put in that model information. As far as unlocking goes though, did you talk with AT&T about that specifically? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Cosmic Ray

@SamsungMarcos

Okay, if you can duplicate problem on your end,   so where to next? 

I am not worry about unlocking my AT&T GS8, I have no need to unlock it.  My AT&T GS6 is already unlocked 2 years ago. I plan to retire my MOTO X and move the GS6 up to be my travel phone.

Cosmic Ray

@user70aARH79Lx

I guess if Samsung could duplicated the problem on their end, my guess is that we are out of luck.

Is your phone an AT&T by any chance?

Honored Contributor

I was told by our tech guy that the initialization should start automatically if it finds your phone able to do so, and is updated completely. It's more than likely auto-closing due to the fact the binaries aren't available on the program itself, so whatever in the code is just saying to close out. Seems to just be something in the coding of the program itself, but that's the reason it's doing it I guess.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Cosmic Ray

@SamsungMarcos

I am still getting bits and pieces from you.

1. Should I quit bothering with Smart Switch???

2. It's an AT&T phone.  I am screwed, Samsung can't do anything about it???

3. It's Smart Switch coding problem, it will get fixed "eventually"???

4. It's suck to be me???

Give it to me...

Honored Contributor

Number one and.....number three maybe?

I guess where I'm 100% confused on, is what exactly you're trying to do. You're just trying to perform initialization on your phone, correct? Because if so, that phone...like a lot of others, don't have valid binaries available on SmartSwitch. That's just the actual data that I have, even if it didn't auto close out the program, you wouldn't be able to start initialization for those phones, because it's not available period.

As a result of those binaries just not being there, I believe that is what is causing the actual program to auto-exit on its own.

Cosmic Ray

@SamsungMarcos

I want to do THIS

But I was un able to get to the 2nd step.

Otherwise just forget about it.  I'm giving it up.

Honored Contributor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nidwow
‎05-19-2017 02:46 PM

Yeah, initialization. Can't be done on those models, I'm sorry! Smiley Sad

Cosmic Ray

@SamsungMarcos

Fair enough.  I wish I didn't wasting mine and your time on this.  A simple error display would be nice, rather than just shut down program and leave people clueless. Or at least publish what model "does work".

So basically Samsung software cannot initialize Samsung phone... wonderful.

I will accept this as a solution, so onone should ever wasted their time on this.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Not wanting to point the finger at anyone here, but those specific binaries that are needed for that, are based on the carrier for that phone model. Believe it or not, those binaries are released back to us, and then get updated to SmartSwitch.