cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_SM-G975U
Astronaut

Samsung DeX flawed

When buying a phone that is expensive like let's say mine is the Samsung Galaxy S10+, you consider your purchase based on a lot of things, especially features. Though the S10+ is capable of HDMI mirroring to any HDMI capable monitor, and will que Samsung DeX to automatically run, by choice you can use the phone as usual. The downside is enjoying the big screen means using up power, and CANNOT be remedied with a wireless charger when plugged into your monitor. There is simply no way to charge and use this device through HDMI simultaneously. The idea works absolutely smooth, pretty much perfect. A bluetooth mouse and keyboard work perfectly. So it's real easy. But how could such a wonderful thing be ruined by the OS not letting you charge in this mode?!?!?

6 REPLIES 6
MasonScheels
Constellation

I have and adapter that does allows my phone to charge wh...

I have and adapter that does allows my phone to charge while using Dex, although not fast charger just cable charge

Aaron_SM-G975U
Astronaut

What would this adapter be called? It would need to someh...

What would this adapter be called? It would need to somehow allow my HDMI cable to still be plugged into my charge port so that my monitor stays connected to my phone. I would order this solution ASAP.

Re: What would this adapter be called? It would need to someh...

Look for a USB-c splitter or hub. A splitter will give you two or more USB-c ports. A hub will convert to lots. Hdmi, USB, maybe even another USB-c 

Aaron_SM-G975U
Astronaut

Okay I am going to research and find a first hand experie...

Okay I am going to research and find a first hand experience recommendation, thank you for advising.

Aaron_SM-G975U
Astronaut

Big surprise, the solution I found best was using a Samsu...

Big surprise, the solution I found best was using a Samsung product. I managed to find a Samsung DeX station, which will direct port charge and with a cooling fan will disperse heat while in DeX mode/HDMI mirroring. This is a higher end solution, there are cheaper alternatives actually all over Amazon that are literally found using key search words "samsung dex". To preserve the life of my phone and keep it cooler while in use I am just going that extra mile. I believe there are 2 versions/generations of Samsung DeX station. I found a newer model and settled in an order.

Aaron_SM-G975U
Astronaut

ProductCapture

ProductCapture