Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Note9 stuck in bootloop

(Topic created: 05-10-2022 06:43 PM)
userOH8ez7jcEE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N9600) that will not boot. So far I have flashed 2 official firmwares with Odin, and on the first boot attempt after flashing, it will show a percentage bar that counts up to around 5 or so percent before skipping to 100 then looping again. It only does the percentage thing on the first boot after flashing. When I try a factory reset from the recovery I get a no pdp scenario error also. I have tried all that I can think of and even took it to a Samsung Service centre but no solution. I would really appreciate any help I can get.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My gut feeling tells me that you rooted your phone. Very few people know about ODIN that never planned to root. Note 9, very nice (stil have one too) which model do you have? For the US market or from some other region? Also if you play with recovery & ODIN then did you make a backup of all your partitions? If yes I would start there.
Oh just saw it, your model is N9600. That is a HK/China version, so if you are in the US you had to play with the phone to make it usable with the US carriers.
Flash again with the version that worked for you before the problem occurred. Or as I said go to your backed up partitions. Another question that comes to my mind. What android version you had? Original OREO v8 or you upgraded to v9>?
There were significant changes in the version pie/9> that prevent to downgrade back to original 8/OREO, so don't even try to flash with anything lower than v9
I have more tips but won't elaborate here, doubt that this community appreciate rooting/flashing conversations
One thing, after updates the battery folder became very well protected. For instance i can't see how many charging cycles my phone had anymore.
The good news is that almost all boot loop issues are fixable. But need to do it right. I can't advise you without having your phone in my hands. Next, this is the last place (forum/community) to talk about issues related to modded phones
0 Likes
userOH8ez7jcEE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

Thanks for your response. 

I have not rooted the phone. The Knox counter is still 0x0.

I flashed the firmware with Odin after research because factory reset did not fix the issue.

My phone was on Android 10 for over 1 year with few issues except the occasional app crashes and reboots which became worse after the June 2021 update. I was using the YouTube app when the issue started so I didn't expect it to be a major one until factory reset did not fix the bootloop.

I have the Latin America N9600 with Snapdragon 845.

0 Likes