cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRQI5cw50ZK
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy S3 Random Applications Open By Themselves Help!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, my name is Dennis and I'm having issues with my Samsung Galaxy S3 opeing random apps on it's own and it eating battery power.  I installed a brand new battery today by the way.

First info on my phone:

Samsung Galaxy S3

Model # SCH-S968C

Android Version 4.1.2 - Totally Updated according to phone anyway, last update was on 8 - 28 - 2017

Not sure else what you need to know, please let me know if there's other info that would be handy for

you to know.

When I go to bed, I turn off all apps I can.  I do this through Application Manager.  I always turn off the

following apps:

Chrome

Google

Google Play Games

Google Play Services

Google Play Store

Maps

Samsung Link

Whatsapp

I force stop all these apps to shut them down.  Not all that I listed are on some times, but if

they are on, I force stop them.

I go to bed and listen to Voice, an audio book app, have it set to stop playing after 90 minutes,

I usually fall asleep long before the 90 minutes are up.  Lately I've been setting timer for 60

minutes.  That works for me 99% of the time.  I also have the charger charging my phone while 

listening to Voice and it usually stays plugged into charge all night.

1st question - Is there a way to prevent this apps from self starting?  If there is, what's the secret

from that happening.

2nd question - How bad is it for the phone to be plugged into the charge overnight?    Having it

plugged into charger once it's 100% charged, is that bad for the phone or battery or both?  Does the phone

automatically quit accepting a charge once it 100% charged?  If it keeps the charging phone once it

hits 100% charged, is there an app or to prevent this?

Last question - Any tips on battery use, health, etc, Like, don't recharge battery until it's down to 40%?

Thank you for this service.

Dennis

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userRQI5cw50ZK
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Random Applications Open By Themselves Help!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for all that information, I really appreciate.  I was hoping my post made sense, I was really tired when I made the post and very early in the morning.  But you covered all the bases for me.

Thank you again.

Dennis

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userRQI5cw50ZK, there is no way to stop these apps from restarting as most of them are core apps to the system and require some processing for the phone to perform properly.

As for you second question: It is perfectly fine for you device to be charged overnight, even if it hits a 100% charge. This will keep your phone from overcharging, but stopping the charge at 100% and dipping down to 99% and continue charging up.

Lastly, you can use your phone normally and that will be fine.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userRQI5cw50ZK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for all that information, I really appreciate.  I was hoping my post made sense, I was really tired when I made the post and very early in the morning.  But you covered all the bases for me.

Thank you again.

Dennis

View solution in original post