Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jhcoker1994
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy S5 Manual Reset Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had been experiencing multiple bugs on my Galaxy S5(SM-G900V) so I did a manual factory reset(don't know why i did it manually. I didnt want to back anything up because i was worried the bug would be recovered with my accounts).  Well, while going through the setup wizard it reaches a screen where it asks for me to sign into the samsung account previously associated with the phone because i did an abnormal reset. The problem I'm having is that the email account associated with the samsung account was deactivated by myself about a year ago so now i cant get pass this screen during setup(and cant recover the samsung account password because the email is being sent to an email account that is no longer active).  I am the original owner of the phone and will be going to the store I bought it from later today fo their help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Manual Reset Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for sharing your concerns with the Community!

@Superman: This is the Factory Reset Protection feature. It's a security method that was designed to make sure someone can't just wipe and factory reset your phone if you've lost it or it was stolen. 

@jhcoker1994: Although you may not be able to access the actual email itself, you should still be able to sign in to the Samsung Account page. I would recommend trying to sign into your account on another device to make sure this is the case for you: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/account/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

22 REPLIES 22
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
can you just sign up for a new account instead? why do you need to login with previous account?

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for sharing your concerns with the Community!

@Superman: This is the Factory Reset Protection feature. It's a security method that was designed to make sure someone can't just wipe and factory reset your phone if you've lost it or it was stolen. 

@jhcoker1994: Although you may not be able to access the actual email itself, you should still be able to sign in to the Samsung Account page. I would recommend trying to sign into your account on another device to make sure this is the case for you: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/account/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

jhcoker1994
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can anyone click on this link and access my profile?

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you been able to go onto the website and try signing into your account? 

jhcoker1994
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. I called support and was told that the old samsung account that was originally associated with my device had become invalid because i deactivated the email account associated with it.  I have since registered my phone to this account and am still unable to sign into my device during setup.  Today I went into the Verizon store and spoke with a salesperson who told me there was nothing I could do, that there was potentially a 24-48 hour wait before I could sign into my samsung account during reactivation, and also, while there was nothing he could do, he told me about a friend of his who could get around this issue for $30.  I also searched for a local service center through this website and found 0 results, though I believe a local Best Buy store may have an authorized samsung service employee on site but I am not willing to bet 40 miles worth of fuel on it.  To go into detail, when I attempt to sign into my account during reactivation it displays "signing in" then "processing" then, immediatly after, "processing failed".   I am thankful for your attention towards this issue.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh! Thanks for letting us know about that. I definitely understand the implications with the current circumstances, for that I apologize. However, those are our options when it comes to finding a resolution for you. You're definitely not under any obligation to do so though. We appreciate you sharing your experience with the community.  We wish you the best.

jhcoker1994
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh! The guy was obviously trying to get an easy $30 off me but I can guarantee that Samsung won't be getting any more of my $ because now I own an overpriced paper weight/handwarmer/sub-par flash light.  AH-FOOKUH YOU MR.SAMOOSUNG

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for the misunderstanding, we definitely don't advise the alternate method that person referred to. To clarify, I was referring to the service center or Experience Shop. 

While we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration, we also request that you keep our Community Guidelines: http://bit.ly/1U7efLV in mind while interacting on here. Please refrain from hateful speech. 

Donsta
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im in the same boat. I actually went into a samsung store and they couldn't help me. I've owned motorolas nokias  apple and lg phones, and this is the worst piece of junk i ever wasted my money on. I own an expensive piece of useless junk with a samsung logo on it. I will never buy any samsung product ever again and i have accounts on a lot of android forums where i will tell everybody what junk this is.  My family and friends already agree with me and i talked at least 6 people in that group out of buying the s6 and s7. I'm due for an upgrade anyways and the g4 is looking really nice. Lg and motorola have better quality and they stand behind their products. Not like this junk