cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useruA3AyP9ZJf
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge random vibrations every 30 seconds

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My galaxy s6 edge keeps vibrating once every 30 seconds and there is no notifications at all. I have the notification reminder off, and even my phone is on silent, but the phone keeps vibrating once ever 30 seconds.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
useruA3AyP9ZJf
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge random vibrations every 30 seconds

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the help,  I put the phone into safe mode and then restarted the phone. After that the vibrations stopped. Still not exactly sure what caused the vibrations, but it seems like the problem has cleared up. 

11 REPLIES 11
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @useruA3AyP9ZJf. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here.
  4. Clear Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here.
  5. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here.

If those don't help, we certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userol0bGcF01e
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is the a Samsung Galaxy A5 2017. It's having the same issue, vibrating every minute or so. 

I've tried the troubleshooting steps recommended but nothing has worked.

How can i fix this? 

usertuJizctCUl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having same issue. Only when phone on vibrate. Tried all troubleshooting suggested. SM-7907VL / S907VLUDUQA2G3

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @useruA3AyP9ZJf. I just wanted to reach back out and see if those steps helped out! If not, please let the Community know so that they can look into different ideas to help further.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useruA3AyP9ZJf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the help,  I put the phone into safe mode and then restarted the phone. After that the vibrations stopped. Still not exactly sure what caused the vibrations, but it seems like the problem has cleared up. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome! Glad to hear it's working again. I'm going to go ahead and mark your post as an accepted solution to make it easier for anyone else having this problem to see.  Smiley Happy

user4kUIPzMSO2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Galaxy S6 won't stop vibrating ever 5 mins

Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user4kUIPzMSO2 Can you tell me what troubleshooting you have tried? 

userVOMp7O2bgc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

These regular vibrations at a set time interval are not caused by Notifications (which are random) but by Google Play Services. The SOLUTION is to uninstall or delete Google Play Services (specially the update), and do not reinstall ever again. Go to the "Task Manager" on your phone and under "Downloads" simply choose to uninstall Google Play Services. This is what was causing the constant vibrating on the phone. Plus it also rendered useless the Play Store app, so no applications could be installed or updated. Alfred