cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user28vTnIlgbf
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Active: Issues with Recent Android 8.0 Update (Oreo)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did the same and tried reinstalling Google Photos and it is much worse for me now.  I use to have a little bit of time to do what i needed before it crashed but now it crashes right away, that goes for any app that is tryign to use Photos as well.  I was very excited to make the switch when I got this phone but man has it been a disappointment.  I love the openness and the environment but I rarely get more that 1 or 2 bars of service(a problem that started when it was just over a year old), the pink lines(and green on the other one) & the very disappointing battery life.  Counting down the months when I am do not have to make payments on this phone and I can get something else.

Highlighted
Paolo Ciccardi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a relatively good news.

I have copied all my pictures and videos on an SD card.

Then I have put the SD card into a Samsung S8 with Android 8.0 (this phone does not have all the issues eith Oreo we mentioned so far).

I have connected this phone to my laptop and I have been able to download all the pictures and videos with no problem.

userUd6IAFKiYE
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is this their way of getting everyone to buy a new phone. I hate my S7 now

user2OZzubNSQ0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's what it seems like to me. I had 0 issues with my phone until I was almost through paying for it. Them BAM all kinds of things are happening to my phone with all the back to back #UpDates. It's annoying and unfair. A $800 phn with all these issues. Now I got to get another one eventually. It only been 2yrs and 7 months. My old old phones use to last at least 3-4yrs. They know what they doing.

Earlj3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same exact issues with my S7 Active... Has always been a perfect phone until the Oreo update. Need a solution fast.
user2mhWJ0qk9N
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having these exact symptoms. The most common app crashes are happening with Google Pictures and Onedrive.

userpCFWqz8TGq
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

S7 Active with the newest update here too. Photos no longer sync to cloud storage. I'm met with a "There was a problem finding the item to upload" message (using Prime Photos). It then creates a separate file that is just grey with an exclamation point in the center. Details on that look like it's in /data/user/0/com.amazon.clouddrive.photos/cache which I, of course, cannot find. Cleared cache on that app, and cleared data, have rebooted multiple times, all to no avail. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, still not working. 

So I thought, Okay, I'll hook my phone up to my PC and pull the files that way and upload them to my computer. And now my phone files are no longer recognized by any PC either (tried both home and work). I'm getting a symbol that looks like they're encrypted - a hard drive with a windows icon and a lock and key. Properties show 0 bytes, which, if they're eycrypted, makes sense. Did this update encrypte everything?! I have to go into My Files and manually move photos to my SD card, then take the SD card out of the phone and pop it into a computer in order to just pull photos off the phone. This is ridiculous. Honestly, I'm glad I kept my S3 and S5 because I'm very tempted to just trash this phone and reactivate one of those.

ETA: All of that above to say nothing of the fact that badges no longer display notifications (despite turning them on), apps crash all over the place, videos from gallery now autoplay with no option to stop it or pause button, or ability to scroll through a video to a certain point or rewind. No joke, everything about this update is awful for the end user.

Update: I've since tweeted at ATT and Samsung. ATT reached out to me and asked for more information. I provided all my phone information, the link to this post, the link to an Amazon post about Prime, and let them know there are complaints on their FB page about it. They are investigating.

userY5sXyR8sR1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issues as stated above!  This is BS, and needs to either be resolved, or give us the option to revert back to a functioning phone.  I've had issues in the past on updates, but NEVER to this level of incompetency.  They pretty much rendered my phone useless for what I wanted it for in the first place... If I had voluntarily updated, it would be one thing...but these updates are pushed on us.  Not cool Samsung...not cool at all.  Get the geeks on this and let's figure this out.  I have one of the i things for work...and it's starting to look more appealing if you guys can't get this resolved.

userP6nLQnXioH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I absolutely agree. This update has been a nighmare. I get constant notification sounds even when there is no notification. Multiple sounds are made for each email. Samsung should offer a way to go back to the previous os which worked beautifully. I hate this upgrade.

usergpa9HFkT78
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone is having the same issues! I need it fixed ASAP! I use my phone to post daily on social media with pictures and videos. I cant use either right now! HELP!