cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy S7 Active: Issues with Recent Android 8.0 Update (Oreo)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since the Oreo update about a week ago, I've been unable to remove short cuts from my home screen. I can move them around, but when I move the icon towards the uninstall, the bubble above disappears and it just moves to a different spot on the screen. I've already changed the animation time, which didn't work, and actually the setting was at 1x anyway. Anyone else with this issue find a solution?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Active: Issues with Recent Android 8.0 Update (Oreo)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Figured this out. You don't drag it up and drop it anymore. You long press, then when the 3 options come up (remove from home page, uninstall, and something I can't remember), you click which one you want.

My daughter said to me this morning, have you tried clicking on one? 😳 um, no. But that worked. Thanks for everyone trying to figure it out though. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userAt6i60Za7P: Are you having this problem with all application Icons or just preinstalled applications? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Applications that I installed. I know there are certain ones that you can't delete. 

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userAt6i60Za7P: Have you tried rebooting your device? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have restarted it 2x, have cleared the memory, and have checked all the settings. I have gone into the developer menu and changed the animation settings. Those are all the things I have tried.  

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userAt6i60Za7P: Can I get the following information?

Model Number

Baseband Version 

Carrier

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Figured this out. You don't drag it up and drop it anymore. You long press, then when the 3 options come up (remove from home page, uninstall, and something I can't remember), you click which one you want.

My daughter said to me this morning, have you tried clicking on one? 😳 um, no. But that worked. Thanks for everyone trying to figure it out though. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the response @userAt6i60Za7P. I am glad you guys were able to get a resolution. Please feel free to reach back out to us if you have any other questions.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this same problem with my S7 running Oreo. When I long press on an icon of an app that I installed, I don't get a remove option. I get "select items" and 'uninstall'  plus a menu of actions related to the app function. If I hold and drag an icon, no trash bin or X or "Remove" appears. I'm not trying to remove a pre-installed app, only ones that i installed, for example I added a widget for my weather app and now I can't get rid of the app's original icon. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur when the device is in safe mode?