cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUyVYuQ96m9
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy S7 Active: Issues with Recent Android 8.0 Update (Oreo)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently got the Oreo update on my S7 and immediately started having problems charging it while it was turned on. The phone would present a warning message indicating that moisture is detected in the phone and directing me to unplug the charger. It also vibrated and sounded an alarm. However, the phone has never gotten wet. It is on the Verizon network, so I called their tech support. Very early in the call, the technician told me that this is a frequent problem they're seeing with the Oreo update. She walked me through some troubleshooting repair steps. We didn't have much success until she had me reboot into safe mode. Because of that step and a little bit of serendipity, it became apparent that the problem was related to the interaction between the android system and the Samsung theme that I had applied to the phone. I could change to other themes and the problem resolved. Since discovering this relationship, I have identified two different themes that I downloaded, which both exhibit the problem. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userTf13Z8hIt9
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Active: Issues with Recent Android 8.0 Update (Oreo)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Swipe right on the camera to go to settings

10 REPLIES 10
rlm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I, too, have received the update, and I have found several things have happened, and am discovering more all the time. First, my icons have been moved around and have sometimes disappeared. The first thing I noticed was that the cluster I had on the home screen, which included my phone and text icons, was no longer there. I hunted it down and found it on another page.

Next, I noticed that I no longer have the options to change settings on the camera on my phone. This absolutely bites! I have been taking the best photos of my life on this phone, using the former settings, and now I can't anymore--the setting have been replaced by freaking STICKERS!  How can I get my things back?

userTf13Z8hIt9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Swipe right on the camera to go to settings

userUyVYuQ96m9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It appears that the "modes" button went away with the nougat version update. Since then, only the right swipe gesture has been available to access the modes.

userjYtHTucZTQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having problems also! I was sarcastacilly happy to see a lot of others are having problems with the latest update. Mine is the phone app keeps shutting down. Clearing the cache and factory reset has done nothing! I cannot see who is calling me, even though the ringtone is ringing, I have to wait to see who called me in the missed calls. It has also been shutting down and, sometimes, restarts. This morning, I woke up late as my phone shut off and I had to force it back on. Nobody will take responsibility for this, it really puts a bad taste in my preference for Samsung products.

userxG9s3WiOZg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list of those having issues with the recent update!  My Photos app stops every time I open it and will not backup.  Also,  in Device Maintenance, when I go to Storage that app stops and will not let me access Storage.  Those are just a few of the issues I am having since the update!

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try the following for Device Maintenance: 

1. Settings
  2. Apps
  3. 3 Vertical Dots
  4. Device Maintenance
  5. Force Stop
  6. Then Storage
  7. Clear Cache
  8. Clear Data
userUNbMn5eGbY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you!!
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userUNbMn5eG; You are very welcome. Glad it resolved the issue!

useriGgGKEKFnY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also having those same two issues, have spent a few hours with techs but no luck so far