cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4DOoCNfeZg
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Battery draining super fast.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi so here's a bit more information. I have an app called my data manager. It keeps track of what apps use data and at what time etc.. today from 6-630 android os used 95mb of data. Yes you read that right, 95MB of data. During this time all I did was drive for 15 minutes with my phone in my pocket, then it was in a locker. I didn't use any maps or anything. How can it use that much mobile data. I have all apps set to only update on wifi

Havoc74
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine just started doing this.  It was at 100% when I woke up this morning at 7 am.  It's now 8:20 am and it was down to 70%.  I have had mine a year and a half and it just now started doing this.  It used to last most of the day with high usage.  Now it seems to need to be plugged in all day.  I did a factory reset back in December for a different reason but I really don't want to do that again.  Maybe this is their ploy to get us to buy new ones every 2 years!!! 

userFZ8Lo6X0Gv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine not only died in 8 hrs but also was bloated. It started after a year.

I bought a new one and its back to normal.

They have a defective product and we are stuck with them.

It will be my last Samsung.

userDaYm9wPp9r
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ugg After reading all these comments ... my phone drained to 34% so I tried to put it in safe mode and it restarted at 71% ???? now in less than 5 mns its drained to 69% just sitting on the desk . I have turned off all apps ect... I have had this for almost 2 years ( will be in May ) It is so not in the budget right now to get a new phone ! How has everyone's phone faired after a factory reset?

userA435CdOr42
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've just started to see the battery drain issue, but mine seems even more severe than what is being reported here.

After disconnecting my phone at about 9am this morning, I did a "bit" <ahem> of browsing online / checking email in work, left at 2 pm, and by the time I took the dog for a walk it was about 4.30pm and my battery was on about 70%

It's currently quite cold in the UK, a few degrees above freezing. I have a PU rear case that would reduce some heat loss. I did some light browsing while keeping an eye on the dog and taking to other dog walkers.

Check the graph... Within 30 minutes I was on 4% !!!

I want a phone where I can replace the battery, Samsung take note. As it is, I might just be able to get a warranty replacement in the UK, I believe this is a fair indication of the phone not being fit for purpose / faulty.

I think my phone is just under 12 months old, and the behaviour only started during a recent cold spell.

userA435CdOr42
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
PS: I had it on charge on the way home in the car, hence the battery showing more charge
userpeEmsihdI3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update.

I tried something new a couple of days ago. My wireless provider, Verizon, has this software that you can load to your PC to help you update your phone or repair it's os when you don't have internet. Once you plug your phone to your PC, it backs up your stuff and re-instals the latest update from Verizon.

Once done, and after re-instaling some of my apps, I swear during that night my phone went back to normal. The battery forecast said 20-something hours remaining. It also re-instaled some apps my wife has on her phone. 

Next day, the nightmare started again. Android OS keeps using 20-35% of battery. 

I think there hads to be some conflict between the apps you download to your phone. I'm really tired of downloading things back to my phone, but will do it one more time. 

userpeEmsihdI3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

People!

I didn't do what I said I was going to do: factory-restart once more. Instead, I let my phone died, completely charged while off, and voila! Battery is like new and even better. 

I think I've heard about it been called battery reset.

user4DOoCNfeZg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Letting my battery die all the way didn't do anything.

Factory reset didn't do anything..

user6YvQbyD6TF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also followed all the steps short of clearing all my apps cache and factory reset. OS is by far the highest in batter usage according to the battery usage function.

I haven't downloaded any new apps in months on my S7 edge. This issue only started once i got the update not too long ago. I had this same issue happen with my old S4. The battery was unsistanable and it only happened after an OS update. I even tried a new battery back then on my S4 and no dice.

If this battery issue keeps happening every time there's a new OS then I'm switching to Apple because this is a bit ridiculous. My S7 edge is barely a year old and doesn't even last me half a day.