Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vBlue
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I'm having issues with the Galaxy S7 Edge. No one can seem to direct me to a reliable source, so if the questions I ask have already been answered I would greatly appreciate being redirected to them.

So far the phone is amazing, I haven't had any issues with it; besides: 

I added all my contacts to the SD card, yet there's no way for me to add the ones I want into my "Favorites". I've been told to simply click on the star shapped icon to add contacts into my favorites, but there is no star icon anywhere. I can't seem to add any images from my phone's gallery to my contacts either. In the contact section, there's nothing there that says I can add an image. The only two options are [Edit] and [More]. Which only allow me to edit the contact name and number. Now in the gallery section, under More, there's a "Set as Contact Picture". Yet when I try to it says that there are no contacts available. I'm very confused about what's happening with my contacts list. 

Thanks for the time!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Neutron Star

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@vBlue wrote:

This is what my contacts look like. 

There's no gold star shape to add them into Favorites, nor is there an option to add a photo to them. When I go into my gallery to pull up a photo from there, there is an option that says "Set as Contact Picture" yet when I press it, is says "No Contacts". All contacts are saved under the SIM card.

Really appreciate the help, means a lot!

So, if I understand you correct, you are adding contacts to the phone SIM card and you want to know why all the advanced features like Favorite and adding photos are not offered in your case. The answer is very simple. SIM card only has the capability to keep a very basic contact info. Name and number I think. All the other options are offered if you save your contact on Google account instead of SIM card. 

I assume you have logged into your Google account on your phone. Now go to COntacts and click Create (or add or Plus sign) and you should see a New contact screen. On top left should be a pop up. CLick that and select Google. Enter contact info and save. You can make this contact a Favorite or add a photo to it. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48
CLasSick
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are your contacts also saved in your google contacts? 

CLasSick
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20160508-225009.pngSample contacts image

Is this what your contacts look like when you click them?

vBlue
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is what my contacts look like. 

IMG_2491.JPGIMG_2492.JPGIMG_2493.JPGIMG_2494.JPG

There's no gold star shape to add them into Favorites, nor is there an option to add a photo to them. When I go into my gallery to pull up a photo from there, there is an option that says "Set as Contact Picture" yet when I press it, is says "No Contacts". All contacts are saved under the SIM card.

Really appreciate the help, means a lot!

CLasSick
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok. Try this. Go to your settings, select "applications" then "contacts" make sure contacts to display is set to all. Then move device contacts to your google account. Do this just to see if anything changes. If you dont want your contacts on your google account then just move them somewhere else just to see if this is the problem. 

vBlue
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No change. Tried moving them to all the options, Google account included, and it's still the same.

CLasSick
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok but your contacts page does look like this correct?

CLasSick
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry im using a theme so i may look different, but im meaning the way your contacts are lined up?

vBlue
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it looks exactly like that.

CLasSick
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Ok and once you click a contact at the top right there is no edit or more option?