Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge fingerprint scanner not working

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge fingerprint scanner not working

Recently, my samsung galaxy s7 edge fingerprint scanner won't initialize.

Screenshot_20180213-084941.jpg

I have tried the following:

1. Restart device
  2. Wipe cache partition (How-To-Clear-the-Cache-Partition)
  3. Dial "*#0*#" > sensor > to test fingerprint, but gives message: Fingerprint initializing failed

Nothing has worked thus far.

Screenshot_20180213-090255.jpg

8 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge fingerprint scanner not working

Hello @ydochcody

Let's try restarting your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Thanks for the reply, however I tried running in safe mode and the same message appears.
Samsung Moderator

Thanks for checking! Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating.  Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

All apps are up to date and I have latest software.
Constellation

I have also performed a factory reset, but still no luck.
Samsung Moderator

Just to verify, after you did the factory reset did you add back data and apps right away or test before hand?

Constellation

I tested before adding back apps/data.
Samsung Moderator

In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-726-7864), through the Samsung Plus App, Twitter, or even Facebook to set up an evaluation and repair. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!