cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshuaP
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - unable to install applications from google play store.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, here is a list of apps I can not install on my phone, but can install on my tablet, with the same account.

Pinterest
Curiosity
Graphing Calculator + math PRO
D&B Charging Station
Word with friends
Marvel Spider-Man unlimited
IHG Hot Deals & Rewards
Bejewled Blitz
Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
Chick-Fil-A
My TWC
Word Search
American Express Spend manager
Fallout Shelter
Family guy the quest for stuff
acorns
Clash of Clans
Battle Camp
Google Opion Rewards
Angry Birds 2

I am unable to search for any of these apps above in the play store, but can see it in my library. when i try to install there is no install button, just a message saying "Your device isn't compatible with this version" however, it used to be.......

Also, when going to the play store on the computer chrome browser, i am unable to install any of those apps onto my phone from there either.
Here Is What I Have Tried, But It Still Doesn't Allow Me To Install Certain Applications:
Solution 1: Restart You Device 
Solution 2: Check Your Date And Time Settings
Solution 3: Use Mobile Data Instead Of The Wi-Fi Network
Solution 4: Make Sure Download Manager Is On 
Solution 5: Delete Google Play Cache And Data 
Solution 6: Clear Cache And Data For Google Play Services 
Solution 7: Refresh The Data Sync Settings 
Solution 8: Update Your Device Software 
Solution 9: Reset Your Google Account 
Solution 10: Uninstall Google Play Store Updates 

The Only Thing I Have Not Tried Yet Is To "Reset Your Device To Factory Settings". I Do Not Want To Lose Everything. But It Looks Like I Will Need To. I Do Not Think It Will Help, I Think There Is A Different Underlying Issue.

I have contacted many of the developers and they are stumped. I have also contacted google, and they have no idea.

Here is what i see when trying to reinstall an app that i recently uninstalled: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5xDAu5HCgdhSUtfOHYxQk9ndmJWNXh2WmhVTGFEVHV3cDBr/view

If you could please help me fix this, i think it started happening ever since the last firmware update.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaP
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - unable to install applications from google play store.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1. Make sure that you have not enabled power saving mode.
2. If yes, disable it try clearing data and cache memory of play store app (I also did google play services) from your phone then restart it.  Then Check play store for the problem.
3. If no, change the resolution to FHD (1920x1080) then do the same thing(clear cache) and restart the  phone and check the problem causing apps in play store.

14 REPLIES 14
userZMlzXFZa58
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - unable to install applications from google play store.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact problem.  How can no one have the fix for this besides a factory reset?  This could finally drive me to another phone.  2ns time this has happened and last time it just was "fixed" a few months later when I could update my apps again.

JoshuaP
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Currently Google says to contact Samsung, and Samsung says to try a factory reset. 

I do not want to do a factory reset at this time. I have my 2FA accounts all setup on it. I also would not be able to install some applications if it doesn't fix the issue.

If I could be guarenteed it fixed the issue i would do it. But I would need compensation if it didn't work for me to try.

As a developer myself, I personally feel it it is a Google Play Store issue in identifying the device.

JoshuaP
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1. Make sure that you have not enabled power saving mode.
2. If yes, disable it try clearing data and cache memory of play store app (I also did google play services) from your phone then restart it.  Then Check play store for the problem.
3. If no, change the resolution to FHD (1920x1080) then do the same thing(clear cache) and restart the  phone and check the problem causing apps in play store.

userXuiHJFlmJo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THIS ACTUALY WORKED THXX!!!!!

userHBcp5oJZSD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No joy with IHG app after going through all steps in the success post.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userHBcp5oJZSD

You might need to reach out to the makers of that app to see if it's something on their side.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useryFJjfdtR0P
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To resolve compatibility issue, I'd suggest trying these steps:

Clear cache data for Google Play Store app & Google Play Services (Go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager > Google Play Services > Clear cache > OK).
Uninstall updates for the Play Store app Play Store(Go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager > Google Play Store > Uninstall updates > OK).
Uninstall updates for Google Play Services (Go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager > Google Play Services > Uninstall updates > OK).
Restart your device.

uninstall updates for google play services worked for me. IHG now loads and works fine.

userSpXkA6Yc8b
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You sir are an absolute genius

Followed your guide and worked instantly 

userSKk0rQpOTU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did everything above.  Device still not compatible with shopkick and bejewled.