cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy S7 no Fast Charge after firmware update

Hello,

My Samsung Galaxy S7 is in impeccable condition for a smartphone which is getting close to 4 years old.

It still did everything I expect it to do up untill shortly...

After the last firmware update at the beginning of december, it suddenly stopped fast charging.

As an avid mobile gamer, the fast charging is pretty much a necessity for me.

I have done everything thinkable to try and cure the problem, I have switched cables and chargers, making sure they were all Quick Charge compatible, both aftermarket and genuine. I have checked unchecked and checked the fast charge slider multiple times. I have rebooted the phone into safe mode, wiped the cache and even went through the trouble of doing a backup and factory reset, to no avail...

In the Samsung Members app, which I had never used before, I can see the status of the battery is being reported as 'weak', to no surprise for being almost 4 years old, but it did fast charge untill before the latest update.

Even if the status of the battery is decided as being weak and it kills the fast charge because of it, I'd rather have it being able to fast charge untill it completely gives up!

Please Samsung, fix this issue.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 no Fast Charge after firmware update

So the notification area should say "Fast charging" (or something similar) instead of just "Cable charging"?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, which it no longer does.

It now takes over 6 hours for a full charge and I can't use the phone during charging it or, depending on the activity, it will still drain the battery faster than it can charge.

Turning off the phone reduces charge time slightly.

Halo

@userPunOY3OAFh wrote:

Yes, which it no longer does.

I'm on build R16NW.G930TUVSACSI1 on my Galaxy S7 and fast charging works on 1 of my Samsung chargers:

S7 fast chargingS7 fast charging

(The other has a 3rd party cable)

Highlighted
Asteroid

Mine is now on G930FXXS7ESK7.

I am trying to revert it back to G930FXXS6ESGD, but it wont even connect to a computer over USB anymore, no matter what I do, it just uses the data cable as a charge cable...

Highlighted
Halo

Normal cable charging isn't much slower than fast charging:

Cable_charging.jpg

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@userPunOY3OAFh wrote:

Hello,

My Samsung Galaxy S7 is in impeccable condition for a smartphone which is getting close to 4 years old.

It still did everything I expect it to do up untill shortly...

After the last firmware update at the beginning of december, it suddenly stopped fast charging.

As an avid mobile gamer, the fast charging is pretty much a necessity for me.

I have done everything thinkable to try and cure the problem, I have switched cables and chargers, making sure the were all Quick Charge compatible, both aftermarket and genuine. I have checked unchecked and checked the fast charge slider multiple times. I have rebooted the phone into safe mode, wiped the cache and even went through the trouble of doing a backup and factory reset, to no avail...

In the Samsung Members app, which I had never used before, I can see the status of the battery is being reported as 'weak', to no surprise for beinh almost 4 years old, but it did fast charge untill before the latest update.

Wipe the cache partition. If that doesn't help, do a factory reset.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Please read my full post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@userPunOY3OAFh wrote:

Please read my full post

Sorry, I missed that. Ok, you already did that.

It seems the device is broken.

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same exact problem, and it didn't dawn on me until I read your post that my fast charging stopped working once I did the firmware update.

My husband has the same exact phone (we got them at the same exact time) and he's been putting off the update and his fast charging still works. Now I'm regretting updating my phone. Because my phone is constantly on life support (connected to the wall charger or my power bank). I truly hope this is something Samsung can resolve with a patch.