Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S8 BSoD (Black Screen of Death)

(Topic created: 04-10-2021 07:31 AM)
DeviancE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This only happened today, my phone freezes, shutdown itself automatically and shows the Samsung Logo then turn black and won't turn on after. It happens while I'm browsing my newsfeed in FB and it hanged, return to Samsung Logo screen then died.

These are things I've tried based on the article I read online and watched on youtube but to no avail:

1.Turning on the phone with Power button

2.Force Reboot via Vol. Down and Power Button

3. Recovery via Vol. Up+Bixby+Power buttons

4. Download Mode via Vol. Down+Bixy+Power buttons

5. Tried charging using it's brick to the outlet and no led indicator appears

6. Tried charging for over two hours and tried force reboot again, nothing.

Anyone else have experienced this and got any idea how to fix this? I'd like to try other option before I decide to pry the phone open.

Hope to hear response from you all.

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
CATRACHO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Necesito ayuda elimine una cuenta sin querer y no recuerdo la contraseña
0 Likes
user9omsS4dWtF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem here with s8+ that stoped when oppening photo.

I'm crying because i didnt realise i have badly saved some 2FA restauration codes...

I will open the Phone and check battery first...

0 Likes
DeviancE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi,

Sad to hear that it happened to your phone also.

Before I opened my phone, I did a factory reset via recovery mode. After that, it was stuck in boot-loop and freeze at Samsung Galaxy S8 Powered by Android screen.

I was able to go in recovery mode again and noticed the dm-verity verification failed message after the factory reset. So I tried factory reset again and it was still the same. So, I decided to flash the rom with firmware from Sammobile via Odin and it was a success but nothings change.

That's when I tried to look for another guide that may help and somebody said replacing the battery fixed the issue of bootloop after the flashing. So I open my phone and replaced the battery, but it was still the same. Even with flashing the firmware again and it was a success did not fixed my phone.

The only option I can think of right now is replacement of Motherboard. Perhaps the cause BSoD is the corrupted hdd of phone and causes the dm-verity verification failed after the first factory reset.

Hope you'll be able to fix yours.

0 Likes