Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy s10e stuck in Recovery mode after latest update.

(Topic created on: 4/18/21 4:54 PM)
Massimo Pippino
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

On the morning of Friday April 16th, after twice clicking "Update Later" when prompted, my Galaxy s10e started to install an update. Once all activity stopped the phone display showed:

Android Recovery

samsung/beyond0q1tesq/beyond0q

11/RP1A. 200720.012/G970USQU5GUCH

user/release-keys

Use volume up/down and power.

Your phone couldn't start normally. Some configuration data may be orrupt. Follow the instructions below.

Then I'm given three options:

1)  Try again - Which restarts the phone and ends up in the same place.

2)  Erase app data - Not sure, but afraid of what that will do.

3)  Visit a service center - Which, if I have to, won't be a Samsung Service Center.

At the very bottom of the page:

#Reboot Recovery Cause is [Thread-7:19401 RecoverySystemRescueParty]#

#Reason is [RescueParty]#

Supported API: 3

Really would like to get back into my phone. I'm not sure what's saved in the Cloud(s) because I cannot access codes sent to the phone for two-step verification. Bad UX 

I was able to reboot and delete cache partition after letting the battery go dead but ended up right back in the Recovery mode.

Two hours on the phone to customer service only to be disconnected after five minutes on the phone with an agent half way around the world.

NEED HELP!

6 Replies
ConfuciusX8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
There is obviously a corrupted file somewhere in your boot up file system...

You can do a few things, depending on how in depth you want to get...

Here is a link showing how to reset phone to factory setting which may work, however if it's not booting properly this may NOT fix the issue...
https://youtu.be/t7EMpe9r3bc

But by using the video you can download files from the manufacturer of the F device and install the update that was trying to install, prior to your issue.
It kinda sounds like it started the update, and you may have either interrupted that install somehow, by shutting off phone or there was a problem with the update itself... But this reminds me of damaged boot up files on computers back in the day,...

When you follow instructions to get into the recovery mode, there are a whole host of other options like install update, you will need to connect it to a computer via USB cable, that has data transfer capabilities, so the original cable is preferred.

Then goto YouTube.com and do a search for how to install update, and it will walk you though how to do that...

Again, if you don't mind resetting your phone and have your data backed up, maybe try the reset to factory defaults first... It may simply fix the issue,

Food for Thought, :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Options
Galaxy S Phones

which carrier do you have? 

0 Likes
Massimo Pippino
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

AT&T

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Simply put, a software reflash is all you'll need to fix what's happened. There are several variables that can cause this during an update, with the most common being a low battery percentage at some point during the install. You can visit a local uBreakiFix to have this done, as well as some Carrier locations can do this for you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

BethL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am having nearly the identical issue. Ubreakwefix factory reset the phone and reflashed it. It did not fix the issue. The phone is preserving itself from a reset. When I browse through the recovery logs I don't know what I'm reading about. There are a few things that jump out at me. Words like, "user release key" at the end of my software version. These Recovery logs and their subtleties lol! Okay so about midway down on first page of log this warning: "NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE This is a debug and unsafe for production use" Then a few more lines down from that it says, "NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE If you see this message and you are not debugging the kernel, report this to your vendor immediately!" Not sure who my vendor is, but I reported this to Samsung tonight. The Samsung Care CSR did not react *yawns* to the word 'NOTICE' written in all caps eight times how I expected them to. I felt like if I knew what it was I am looking for within these logs I could understand why my phone is not cooperating with all the factory reset attempts. Instead it is in this self-preservation mode and just refuses to give in! I have tried to explain this to my carrier and Samsung and they don't believe a word I say. This was caused by an OTA on March 19th. The carrier didn't just remotely update my brand new S21 Ultra. During the update they added a little something extra - Knox Enterprise Mobile Device software!!! Not only is this my personal phone that I own, I have never used it for anything work related. How can I be sure? I'm unemployed. I'm a stay-at-home mom. I have no work email, I have never had an Administrator, and I have zero affiliation with any organization or business. I don't know what in the world happened, but I've learned that it's rare. Ubreakwefix looked at me like I was a numb skull. AT&T hung up on me like five times. A tech support supervisor accused me of making this all up. She said she refused to file a support ticket for me because I'm lying so it's fraud. Then she hung up on me. I am starting to have some anxiety about how my phone can't be fixed without a tech with some sort of authorization to remove Knox enterprise-level security from my phone. Beginning to think this heavily restrictive software might never be removed? If someone with the Knox-know-how doesn't think it possible for this to be on here then..... Then I don't know WHAT I'm gonna do, Y'all! Samsung and Asurion Protect Advantage both made similar comments to me: Why would you file a claim if you weren't the one that damaged the phone? Also I've been asked why does having the workplace security on there bother me so much? My view on that is, If they ever want to find out, I'll happily trade phones so they can see for themselves! Nobody that isn't required to use this for work would want it. All my personal data on the phone and in 2 cloud storage drives were divided into two separate profiles - one personal and one work. I don't have work files. Since March 19th, I've never been able to get back those personal files from the "work profile" Oh, brother. Such crazy permission constraints! If I farted too loud Bixby Voice would log it as a security event!
0 Likes
Massimo Pippino
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I need to make sure the phone is charged and do a software reflash, correct?

Is the reflash something I can do or do I have to visit a service center?

0 Likes