cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userc6lT8IGjLo
Constellation

Samsung Galzxy S7 Edge Camera Fail / Flashlight error

My Verizon S7 edge phone began acting up last last year. I get  camera failed message when trying to open camera. This will occur on rear camera, and front camera. Often there is a flashlight error (dimmed blue icon with message that another app is using) that can occur with this as well. After I mess with it for awhile using the following methods, it will turn on for awhile, then begin to error.  The past few weeks seems to have gotten worse.  I researched,  and tried everything possible. To name a few: restarting, power off, safe mode, let battery drain to 0;  also did the camera force stop clear data caches; wiped system data partition, factory reset 3X, manual software reapair with Verizon assistant X2. I also removed the back cover and checked there are no loose board connecters. My thoughts are that the motherboard controller for camera is bad, or the last OTA update was bad (software). I have reinstalled that update twice now, and there has been no changes. I see there is allot of other people on the internet that began having this same problem in 2019.  Is there going to be a update to fix this problem? Hard to think that suddenly everyone has a hardware problem and needs to go out and buy a new phone. 

Model  SM-G935V

Software Version G935VVRUACSH1

Hardware REV0.7

4 REPLIES 4
userYUoxoFAsmM
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galzxy S7 Edge Camera Fail / Flashlight error

I really hope you find a solution to this... I have had the same problem for a few months now.... been thinking that its time to make the switch.. Cant really trust a company that cant support their clients. 

userYUoxoFAsmM
Astronaut

Try this... found it today on someones forum. I hope it helps, I had the same problem for months!!! 

I had this problem and after countless  partition wipes, cache and data wipes and a few factory resets and safe mode fails I finally fixed it.. no thanks to Samsung or Verizon. 

Go into your settings,  tap apps, tap the 3 dots and choose app permissions. Go to camera and turn of all of the cameras permissions,  even to itself. All sliders should be off (greyed out, not blue) then reset your phone by holding the power button and choosing reset.. flashlight should work again and camera will too.

userc6lT8IGjLo
Constellation

I tried that. It would make it work for a little while, then would have to do it again.  I am going g to try and install a new front camera. There is a calibration test that shows my front cam is abnormal.

userYUoxoFAsmM
Astronaut

your right...bummed that it was not a permanent fix. Let me know how that goes.