cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marrion
Asteroid

Samsung Gear S2 S Health app won't connect to the Samsung Galaxy S4 S Health app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Gear S2 Classic and a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the S2 S Health app won't connect to my S4 phone app.  The steps are different between them and I can't see the S2 on the S4 S Health app.  When I go to accessories on the S Health app on the S4 phone the Gear S2 does not come up.  After I am done excersizing I can't see the results on my phone, just the little screen on my Gear S2.  How do I get the Gear S2 to show up on the S4 S Health app as an accessory?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Samsung Gear S2 S Health app won't connect to the Samsung Galaxy S4 S Health app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, Marrion. Updates for the tracfone network are released by the carrier. You may also take your device to a local Best Buy with a Samsung Experience Shop to see if they may be able to update your device as well. Please be sure to back up your device using our Smart Switch PC application prior to taking your device in. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Black Hole

Re: Samsung Gear S2 S Health app won't connect to the Samsung Galaxy S4 S Health app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, @Marrion

When connecting your Gear S2 to your S4. Please ensure that you are using the Samsung Gear Manager to connect. This can be downloaded from the Galaxy apps or Play store. You will find a setting to pair your device with S-Health. Please be sure to go into your S-Health app and choose steps then tap on the three dots on the top right. Here, you will select the source data to view and choose your Gear Device. This will allow your phone to display what your S2 is displaying. Please be sure to also register all your devices on Samsung.com as well. 

Marrion
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungJuan,

I have the Samsung Gear app on my S4 and I also have the S Healh app on my S4 as well (I am signed in to the S Health app).  On the Gear app I can see a link for the S Health app and when I click it it opens the S Health app.  The new S Health app does not have 3 dots at the top right but it has a chain icon.  When I click the chain icon no devices show up.  If I go into the settings for the S Health app and click on accessories it scans for devices but my Gear S2 does not show up.  One thing to note is that in the settings for the S Health app the Samsung Gear S2 does not show up as a compatible device.  The Gear Fit 2 is not listed either but my wifes Gear Fit 2 works great with the S Health app.  My S Health version is 3.5.5.0062 and my Samsung Gear app is 2.2.16101261.  Where do I go to connect the S2 to teh S Health app?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the information. Just to verify, what type of smart phone does your wife have her Gear Fit 2 paired with? It's possible that you don't have a S Health version that is high enough to be compatible with the two wearables even if it's the highest version that your S4 can get.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Marrion
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungViv,

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, @Marrion

We ask that you provide more information about your device. This would include your full model number, Current android version, and current Carrier. We recommend that you check our Smart switch PC application to determine if your device is up to date. 

Marrion
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Juanisimo,

Model Number: SM-S975L

Andriod Version 4.3

Carrier: tracfone

I will use Smart switch PC to check my device.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, Marrion. 

We would recommend reaching out to your carrier Tracfone for information on updates for your device. 

Marrion
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Juanisimo,

4.3 is the latest Andriod version I can get for my phone.  Why some models of the same phone can upgrade Andriod and some can't is beyond me.  An S4 should be an S4 and not broken into 20 models.  There are only 2 networks 4G and CDMA, so why there are 20 models for this does not make sense.  I switched to Samsung because an Apple device I purchased 1 year was rendered obsolete when they updated their software that was not compatable with what I purchased.  Now Samsung is doing the same thing.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, Marrion. Updates for the tracfone network are released by the carrier. You may also take your device to a local Best Buy with a Samsung Experience Shop to see if they may be able to update your device as well. Please be sure to back up your device using our Smart Switch PC application prior to taking your device in. 

View solution in original post