JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Health doesn't track walking path

(Topic created: 10-07-2019 05:48 AM)
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My phone used to track the PATH I walked.  Then when I stopped walking and looked at the app, it would show that path on the map.  For a while now, it just shows my current location and doesn't show any walked path.  Has some new option been added that controls this?  Or did I turn off some setting on the phone that broke this part of the app?  It DOES record the number of steps, just not the path.  I know location works on the phone because it works with Google Maps and Here Wego maps.

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out for assistance. I recommend reaching out to our Samsung Health department regarding this. They can be reached directly at 1-855-795-0509.

0 Likes
Solution
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I called the number, and as I expected, they were of little help.  Once again a generic type response, "Our technicians are working on it, try to clear the cache and reboot".  Of course, that didn't make any difference.

First off, I think I was remembering my Windows 10 Lumia phone tracking on the map and not the Samsung.  However, the Samsung DOES track my movement if I click on the walking exercise icon. 

When I just go for a walk, the S10 phone does track steps and distance and time, but doesn't track it on the map.  I don't know why, since it automatically starts tracking steps, that it doesn't track it on the map.  Especially since when it determines that you have stopped walking, it SHOWS a map (with no path on it).  I think this is a software oversight.  I hope they change it, but I doubt my complaint got passed on to the developers.

0 Likes