JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Internet App - Why Can't I Disable It?

(Topic created on: 9/8/17 7:10 AM)
SPetrillo-US
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Why am I not able to disable the Samsung Internet app?

83 Replies
userywS7isbJP9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Chrome is stock too. What's missing here is the option to choose ie, disable one. Having two browsers on one phone takes up unnecessary space.
userEj1rMyMUcu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The battery life on s6 edge is mediocre at best so i tend to avoid anything google related which is near impossible on an android device i know, but the majority of the google stuff (including chrome) can be disabled. I feel my battery drains a lot faster when the google stuff is constantly polling resources in the background

0 Likes
sam8988378
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userEj1rMyMUcu wrote:

Im the opposite. I prefer the stock samsung browser over any of the alternatives. I know i am the minority though

What do you like about it?  What do you think it does better than any other browser?

0 Likes
Cuculcan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I found out after installing the Samsung Flashlight, that the browser was showing up as a choice to open a link, meaning that the default browser (Chrome) was not longer so. I removed the flashlight application and the problem stopped. I'm sure the browser is still hidden within the bowels of the phone, but at least it's not asking me to use it. Samsung needs to give access to applications like the browser and other bloatware, so if it can be removed, or at least can be disabled.

0 Likes
userq2cuKMBrHb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I will be gping to another phone other then Samsung. The Samsung internet App is being forced down my throat and I will not be getting any more Samsung products of any kind ever again. the Note 8 is wonderful, untill Samsung made it so I have to use there browser, and not my own, like Firefox. Untill now you could not give an iphone. now I'm going to get one for my wife, kids, and my self. the Note 8 is on its way out for all of us. my whole FAMILY feels the same way on this one. now bye bye Samsung.
0 Likes
userAZNzQhwUim
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you go with apple there is less that you control on apple products

0 Likes
Roddy326
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Lmaoooooo @ going to Apple. They're worse with the stock apps. Samsung how do we delete this app off our phones???? Someone please answer.

Solution
SamsungViv
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey folks.

Stock apps, whether they are made stock by Google, Samsung, or your carrier, can not be uninstalled. They can be disabled usually by going to Settings>Apps, clicking on the app in question (like the internet) and then the disable button. Some stock apps won't have that option, but that's the only way to disable an app.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

Big-T
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

why does the samsung internet app not have the "disable" button enabled?

useruNaVFaIxqV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Because a rooted device is a evil thing
0 Likes