cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usert7xSzTjopn
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Internet App - Why Can't I Disable It?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Post from userCgvwOC7V18 worked!!  ie.

You can uninstall app via ADB without root, write command
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sec.android.app.sbrowser

Thank you for sharing. This worked on Samsung S5.

sam8988378
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usert7xSzTjopn wrote:
Post from userCgvwOC7V18 worked!!  ie.

You can uninstall app via ADB without root, write command
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sec.android.app.sbrowser

Thank you for sharing. This worked on Samsung S5.

Thank you.  Now I just have to download ADB, learn to work with it, then be able to delete the unused browser.

Highlighted
userYQnOtQGSPX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After repeatedly forcing updates on me that I did NOT consent to, and being unable to uninstall the software... I will be getting rid of this Samsung piece of **bleep** and NEVER purchasing another Samsung product until they put customers first.  We don't want your crap infecting our phones that we paid for.  It's taking up valuable memory, interfering with normal processes, has access to all your apps and info, and can not be disabled - that is the exact definition of MALWARE! 

userhDry2d8YCw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I appreciate your solution as far as what browser opens URLs, but that does nothing for my desire which is to preserve memory. It still uses 128MB for something I never use. I can't wait for a phone manufacturer to become "real" and not force their inferior (my personal opinion) products on their customers!

Does every business decision always have to be prioritized by monetary gain? Mine won't, it'll be prioritized by what makes my clients most satisfied and with such directive it'll be blessed by our maker and flourish. Further, Samsung realizes that the majority of their clients won't even realize their trickery, which makes it like stealing behind somebody's back - shame on you Samsung!
userI3vEkHb9C8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What me off is that I can't open links from the stock messaging app because they want to open only in Samsung internet even though I don't use Samsung internet and none of my passwords are in Samsung internet so the text messages I get with an assignment I have to copy and paste the whole text cuz it won't just copy the link and then paste it in Chrome. it's a total pain in the so I have to switch messaging apps now

sam8988378
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That hasn't been my experience.  I use both the stock messaging app and What's App.  I use both Firefox (default), and Chrome on my phone.  I never used the Samsung Internet app, though I might have opened it once, thought this looked like too much work for duplication of resources, and closed it.  I later disabled it, but it still bloates its way through 142 Mb of internal memory.  The app shows I have 2 notifications despite it being disabled, but I'm not even looking at it.  When I get a link through messaging it opens in Firefox.

Have you set your preferred browser as the default under its listing in Application Manager?

userPfOle55LNt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First go to sittings stop samsung internet ,then go to play store find samsung internet app uninstall. After don't update leave it than is don't work internet and notification  .

usernjK0qCBLYa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is excellent. Followed your advice, and it worked. Many thanks

sam8988378
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPfOle55LNt wrote:

First go to sittings stop samsung internet ,then go to play store find samsung internet app uninstall. After don't update leave it than is don't work internet and notification  .

I did this, but the only option was to uninstall updates to Samsung Internet.  So it's still on my s7 Active, with automatic updates disabled.  Instead of occupying 152MB's, it's now reduced to 148MB.

sam8988378
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Set your chosen browser as the default.  I went to Applications & Samsung Internet.  I unpermissioned everything I could I deleted the cache, then data.  In the upper right corner are 3 dots.  Click on those & choose "uninstall updates".  It will ask if you want to replace it with the factory version, and yes, you do.

Then go to the folder on one of your screens which contains the Samsung apps (on mine it's next to the Google & deceased AT&T folders). Open this and click on "Galaxy Apps".  It will open to offered programs, much like Google Play.  Go to the same upper 3 dots right side, click on them.  Choose "disable automatic updates".  Do the same in the Play Store.  

I now no longer have Samsung Internet listed in my applications.  Samsun Pay is also sized down to a couple hundred kb's.  If I don't use it, why give it space?  Can't do anything with Samsung Pay Framework though.  Keep getting the error message "this app is required by your device administrator and can't be uninstalled".  But if you click on "Manage Device Administrators" at the bottom of the page, the only thing it leads to is "Find My Device".  This says it can lock or erase a lost device.  Doesn't say anything about actually finding it.

But, no more Samsung Internet! 

I can't take credit for this solution.  I read it somewhere else, don't even remember where, maybe an Android forum.  But with all the automatic updates disabled, check every week or more to make sure you're not missing important updates.