cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userjf3g3mRBWx
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Internet App - Why Can't I Disable It?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The "various circles" you are referring to are Facebook Messenger notifications. That is not Samsung. That is Facebook. Simply hold down the circle and drag it to the X.

user29okRiTlGv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have already set a default to Chrome on my child's tablet, for which I have parental controls(for an 11 year old), but if I go into apps, and click on internet, I can still visit any site, inc explicit sites that I wanted to ban.
With Chrome, I have the Family Group apps and can set settings for each of my four children, to suit their ages/maturity, and I get reports on what they are viewing, can control screen time, and block certain sites, etc, but what good is that if they can still bypass it all with Samsung internet...?!
I know you have the new Kids Mode app, but that is NOT suited to an 11 year old, even my 8 year old finds it toddler-ish.
I have been sitting on this tablet for hours, trying to work out how to block sites from the Samsung Internet, and it is driving me INSANE!
It is NOT good enough, and another reason why I just bought my youngest child an iPad...!

useryoEDjXXTqu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hello i am having the same problem...was there a work around for this problem?

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useryoEDjXXTqu: Can I get the full model number of the device in question? 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useryoEDjXXTqu: Just checking in to see if you still needed help with this. 

userxslrGqKbBB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Downloading another browser and setting it to defalt doesnt stop the samsung web app from opening. I downloaded crome and made it my defalt but many times when I click on a website it will still open in the Samsung web app. Just tell customers the truth...there is no way to stop Samsung from forcing their apps upon consumers instead of giving us the ability to chose.

Maemaegray
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This does not work. I have my Note 8 set for Chrome, and it still opens Samsung Internet for a page even if I search on something on Chrome itself.

userHqEQDP1DVl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I rooted my phone and removed all those blasted bloatware

Highlighted
sam8988378
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm heading into rooting, though I'm not an expert user.  I've had my Samsung s5 since 2014 so by now it's mine.  I like the phone & I'm not upgrading because I like the option of swappable batteries.  But the bloatware is a killer!  The phone is a 15 Gb phone, with almost 1 Gb of space swallowed up by apps I don't use!  If this keeps going the way it's going, I'm eventually going to have a phone with no space for anything but the basic phone, messages, and bloatware.  What's the point? If I wanted nothing but phone and messages I would have keep my old Motorola flipphone.

useryEHG3syqTh
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm ADB the cr@p out of Samsung Stock APPs.