cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user29okRiTlGv
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Internet App - Why Can't I Disable It?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have already set a default to Chrome on my child's tablet, for which I have parental controls(for an 11 year old), but if I go into apps, and click on internet, I can still visit any site, inc explicit sites that I wanted to ban.
With Chrome, I have the Family Group apps and can set settings for each of my four children, to suit their ages/maturity, and I get reports on what they are viewing, can control screen time, and block certain sites, etc, but what good is that if they can still bypass it all with Samsung internet...?!
I know you have the new Kids Mode app, but that is NOT suited to an 11 year old, even my 8 year old finds it toddler-ish.
I have been sitting on this tablet for hours, trying to work out how to block sites from the Samsung Internet, and it is driving me INSANE!
It is NOT good enough, and another reason why I just bought my youngest child an iPad...!

useryoEDjXXTqu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hello i am having the same problem...was there a work around for this problem?

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useryoEDjXXTqu: Can I get the full model number of the device in question? 

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useryoEDjXXTqu: Just checking in to see if you still needed help with this. 

userxslrGqKbBB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Downloading another browser and setting it to defalt doesnt stop the samsung web app from opening. I downloaded crome and made it my defalt but many times when I click on a website it will still open in the Samsung web app. Just tell customers the truth...there is no way to stop Samsung from forcing their apps upon consumers instead of giving us the ability to chose.

Maemaegray
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This does not work. I have my Note 8 set for Chrome, and it still opens Samsung Internet for a page even if I search on something on Chrome itself.

userHqEQDP1DVl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I rooted my phone and removed all those blasted bloatware

sam8988378
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm heading into rooting, though I'm not an expert user.  I've had my Samsung s5 since 2014 so by now it's mine.  I like the phone & I'm not upgrading because I like the option of swappable batteries.  But the bloatware is a killer!  The phone is a 15 Gb phone, with almost 1 Gb of space swallowed up by apps I don't use!  If this keeps going the way it's going, I'm eventually going to have a phone with no space for anything but the basic phone, messages, and bloatware.  What's the point? If I wanted nothing but phone and messages I would have keep my old Motorola flipphone.

Highlighted
useryEHG3syqTh
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm ADB the cr@p out of Samsung Stock APPs. 

ashley35055
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I get its been a while since this post but while trying to share youtube tv the samdung internet app took over as it has done with other things also and chrome is my default so i dont understand. I am trying yo figure out how if not to disable it to not give it permission to take over or something. I have decent tech skills but i am by no means an expert and want to make sure i will still be able to use chrome if i take away internet permissions (if that's possible) of the internet that has the phones name or if 8t is the app put on here to receive the frequency and things that make up the internet shot from the towers? Also if someone from ssmsung reads this...While i dont understand the comments of it being their last samsung phone given the superior performance and advancedscience used as apposed to others phone (but could be not worth the price to them given it represents everyone being different  or there would not be any options. Assuming this isnt just a graphic represting the internet shot from the tower or wifi box used to simplify things like the old school computer with doz kinda then why have the option to set a default when its just going to pop up randomly and give no way out of it back to chrome without undoing what your trying to do anyway and not work when it does. I get wanting to try things iut to see if they will be popular and roll in money since completely stupid apps have gained popularity and made millions before so why not put it out there to see and even better if you truly think this is a superior internet or the vision of it anyway then good for you... However you cant even get into the phone at all without gmail and I've vslled Samsung to try go find away around this before to ne told to send the phone and the receipt i didnt habe becsused purchased on Facebook from a person i couldn't get in touch with after so may have blocked me to avoid my wanting to return it so you know its not going to beet Google in any way for this reason alone and maybe need to bark up another tree. I apologize for the length i dont expectvanyone to read all of this vut if your seeing yhis I just felt the need to explain I literally have no filter on my brain to keep me from saying whatever pols into my ADD brain which is why I hate tyoing on forums but needed to know how to make it stop so i can finish setting up youtubeTV so please let me knownif there is a default setting somewhere other then the main one in the setring on the phone can not use the theme I got if i use chrome only?