Samsung Internet App - Why Can't I Disable It?

SOLVED
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Internet App - Why Can't I Disable It?

The "various circles" you are referring to are Facebook Messenger notifications. That is not Samsung. That is Facebook. Simply hold down the circle and drag it to the X.

Asteroid

@userPfOle55LNt wrote:

First go to sittings stop samsung internet ,then go to play store find samsung internet app uninstall. After don't update leave it than is don't work internet and notification  .

I did this, but the only option was to uninstall updates to Samsung Internet.  So it's still on my s7 Active, with automatic updates disabled.  Instead of occupying 152MB's, it's now reduced to 148MB.

Asteroid

@userEj1rMyMUcu wrote:

Im the opposite. I prefer the stock samsung browser over any of the alternatives. I know i am the minority though

What do you like about it?  What do you think it does better than any other browser?

Highlighted
Constellation

@userayaJIMrbSR wrote:

Uninstall it DIRECTLY from the Google Play Store. You can do this with other bloatware as well!

Be sure to un-check 'auto-update' first. (Click on the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner.)

It (and other bloatware) may re-install upon powering off/on, but just repeat the process.

The icons may remain in apps, but you will see that there is far less space taken up! 

It might be helpful if you explained exactly how you do this with the Google Play Store. I see no uninstall option in the Google Play Store.