cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOqFzd6fMUz
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Internet App - Why Can't I Disable It?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apple? You must be joking. If you want clean android go to Google phones. Go apple if you like closed ecosystems and walled gardens. 

Samsung Internet App - Why Can't I Disable It?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
What model of phone do you have? I have an unbranded and unlocked S7 edge. I was able uninstall Samsung's browser when I got the phone back in February, my new primary browser is Dolphin. I also did it before we got Nougat.
userLHpq7wcsTG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to Settings,Apps and then tap on Samsung Internet and scroll down to Notifications and tap to turn off..

Job done..

uservtLZPJn7Gj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
only problem is that it's grayed out and you can't shut off notifcations
userayaJIMrbSR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Uninstall it DIRECTLY from the Google Play Store. You can do this with other bloatware as well!

Be sure to un-check 'auto-update' first. (Click on the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner.)

It (and other bloatware) may re-install upon powering off/on, but just repeat the process.

The icons may remain in apps, but you will see that there is far less space taken up! 

Highlighted
userhaMoMWq0Y6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userayaJIMrbSR wrote:

Uninstall it DIRECTLY from the Google Play Store. You can do this with other bloatware as well!

Be sure to un-check 'auto-update' first. (Click on the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner.)

It (and other bloatware) may re-install upon powering off/on, but just repeat the process.

The icons may remain in apps, but you will see that there is far less space taken up! 

It might be helpful if you explained exactly how you do this with the Google Play Store. I see no uninstall option in the Google Play Store.

userCgvwOC7V18
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can uninstall app via ADB without root, write command

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sec.android.app.sbrowser

usert7xSzTjopn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Post from userCgvwOC7V18 worked!!  ie.

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sec.android.app.sbrowser

Thank you for sharing. This worked on Samsung S5.

sam8988378
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usert7xSzTjopn wrote:
Post from userCgvwOC7V18 worked!!  ie.

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sec.android.app.sbrowser

Thank you for sharing. This worked on Samsung S5.

Thank you.  Now I just have to download ADB, learn to work with it, then be able to delete the unused browser.

userYQnOtQGSPX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After repeatedly forcing updates on me that I did NOT consent to, and being unable to uninstall the software... I will be getting rid of this Samsung piece of **bleep** and NEVER purchasing another Samsung product until they put customers first.  We don't want your crap infecting our phones that we paid for.  It's taking up valuable memory, interfering with normal processes, has access to all your apps and info, and can not be disabled - that is the exact definition of MALWARE!