cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sam8988378
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung Internet App - Why Can't I Disable It?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Set your chosen browser as the default.  I went to Applications & Samsung Internet.  I unpermissioned everything I could I deleted the cache, then data.  In the upper right corner are 3 dots.  Click on those & choose "uninstall updates".  It will ask if you want to replace it with the factory version, and yes, you do.

Then go to the folder on one of your screens which contains the Samsung apps (on mine it's next to the Google & deceased AT&T folders). Open this and click on "Galaxy Apps".  It will open to offered programs, much like Google Play.  Go to the same upper 3 dots right side, click on them.  Choose "disable automatic updates".  Do the same in the Play Store.  

I now no longer have Samsung Internet listed in my applications.  Samsun Pay is also sized down to a couple hundred kb's.  If I don't use it, why give it space?  Can't do anything with Samsung Pay Framework though.  Keep getting the error message "this app is required by your device administrator and can't be uninstalled".  But if you click on "Manage Device Administrators" at the bottom of the page, the only thing it leads to is "Find My Device".  This says it can lock or erase a lost device.  Doesn't say anything about actually finding it.

But, no more Samsung Internet! 

I can't take credit for this solution.  I read it somewhere else, don't even remember where, maybe an Android forum.  But with all the automatic updates disabled, check every week or more to make sure you're not missing important updates. 

user9IuHdVl1d3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
They don't listen yo what their customers want! Change brands. I'm going iPhone TODAY IT'S ARRIVED!
userIHtxhc9pDq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung internet can be completely removed by using ADB commands. I have done exactly that on my Galaxy S10. Go to XDA-Developers and search for ADB.

Root is not required.

Spiderlilly1998
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only way to uninstall it is to jailbreak your phone